Fury Rogue

After both Barry and Kara make a big familiar decision regarding their daughter, Kara elects to go back to her earth in order to take care of Reign, Barry seeks the help of Citizen Cold in order to move an explosive meta. 

Barry and Kara walked out of the pipeline intake, Kara sighed and put her hands inside her pockets. Barry sighed and ruffled his hair.

"We didn't have any other choice, Kara," Barry told her, trying to convince more himself than her.

"I know, I just wish... I wish we weren't heroes for once, for once I wish we were just normal people, a normal family," Kara whispered.

"I know, I just... maybe I was a little too harsh on her, but Thawne was, no, IS manipulating her, I don't know how, I don't know why, but he is, I know he is, so is Overgirl, how did these two even end up together?" Barry told Kara.

"No, we couldn't trust her, Barr, you did the right thing, we did the right thing, she's dangerous and we can't trust her because she's working with both of them."

"I'm sorry, Kara, I know you've lost so much, I'm sorry for being a bad boyfriend..." Barry murmured.

"We never said this would be easy, it's not, we spend days without seeing each other. Don't blame yourself, because this is on me too, when I saw Alura looking at me, almost begging me for forgiveness, we might not even see her again, it's my fault too!" Kara told him, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Come here," Barry told her, extending his arms out toward her. Kara hugged him tightly and buried her face into his chest. 

"You know... I think I know our flaws, we make decisions based on our emotions, I mean, we were making so many decisions prior based on emotion, and now, our kids are like that, I mean it's like a mirror, you look at it and see your reflection, your jaded, broken, reflection," Barry said, his eyes watery. 

...

EART-1 CENTRAL CITY, 2049...

Alura was slumped down next to Eobard and Overgirl's cell. She told Steve that she would be out of town to resolve some stuff by herself, but she was right back where she started, in Iron Heights, sulking right next to her mentors. 

"All those years without my father and without knowing how my real mother was, you both gave me a second chance. And now I've lost them all over again," She mused, looking down at her hands.

"We've failed you, Little Runner," Thawne said sadly. 

"No, this is my fault. I shouldn't have lied to them about working with you both."

"Well, perhaps not," Overgirl said.

Alura let out a muffled sob, trying her hardest to keep it in.

"I screwed everything up. And now I can't even help them defeat Devoe because my dad will know if I run into the Speed Force."

"Mhm, he most certainly will," Thawne said with a very suggestive tone.

Alura realized at that moment that Thawne was always undetected whenever he attacked Barry. Alura turned around and stood up, looking at Thawne hopefully.

"Wait... You've run into the Speed Force hundreds of times. My father, other speedsters, they never felt you coming. How did you accomplish that?" Alura asked.

Thawne feigned reluctance, looking down at the floor and staying silent.

"Thawne, tell me how you did it," Alura demanded.

"Alura..."

"Tell me! THAWNE!" Alura shouted and banged both her fists on the glass, the cell trembled as Alura's eyes blazed bright red.