Painter

In the middle of the night of Chernobog, the moonlight brightly illuminates the city ruins with its gentle glow.

Two shadowy figures can be seen on the rooftop silently looking at the Reunion group from afar.

Vit watches the Reunion patrol guarding each area with a keen eye while remembering their position in the back of his head.

He has been busy moving across each building rooftop to gain information about the Reunion position for over an hour now.

Blaze asks him to find a route that they can safely move through without attracting too much attention.

(This should be the only place left.)

While reconnaissance is not hard, it really drains your mind and body. Not only do you have to move around a lot, but you also have to predict the enemy's movement too.

He glances back to look at his 'teammate' who is busy drawing something on her sketchbook.

She's one of Rhodes Island personal who Blaze said to take her with him, Deepcolor.

He scans her from the top to bottom.

A small glassed girl wearing a black dress, a white jacket, and a red checker scarf.

(I can't tell what her race is at all.)

People in this world have some special characteristic that tells them which race they are from. for example, Ursus has bear-like features and feline have cat ears. But the girl in front of him has none of those at all, the only thing that seems to stand out is that hat with a small antenna on her head.

(Blaze did say that she can help with recon, but I don't see any scouting equipment on her at all.)

All he could see on her is a sketchbook and a small bag.

"It seems you're not content with me being here." Deepcolor breaks the silence while still focusing on the sketchbook in her hand.

"Not really, it just weird for me to work with another person."

"Is that so?"

She flips her sketchbook around and shows him what she is drawing. "What do you think?"

"Is that me?"

"Correct."

He looks at the painting carefully, it's a sketch of him looking through the binocular. Although he might not know much about art, he still appreciates it. The picture is very normal but somehow he feels like something is drawing him to it.

"Looks pretty cool." He answers while hiding his true feeling.

She tears off the page from her sketchbook and hands it to him.

"You giving it to me?"

"I usually give everyone I meet a sketch. That one is yours now, you can do whatever you want with it."

"Thanks" He put the picture in his pocket.

< ------ >

After a while, the Reunion group start to move. Vit quickly hid behind the cover and peek his head out.

"They're moving."

They start to spread out and go in a different direction in a small group. Vit tries to remember every direction they went and how many people are in each group.

(I can report back to Blaze and called it a day, but just to be safe...)

Vit looks around the area before spotting one Reunion soldier who is not too far away from their location.