Change of plan

The next morning, Vit who has already woken up is waiting for Blaze to come to pick him up inside his room.

Today is the day of the interview and Vit is feeling very nervous at the moment.

He couldn't get any sleep at all last night because of this, so his current figure is no different from a person who has pulled an all-nighter.

(I've already thought of every possible question they could ask inside my head so unless they ask something very unexpected I should be fine.)

After waiting for a while, Blaze finally arrived to pick him up.

"You're up quite early today, nervous?"

"Isn't it normal? Anyway, let's go for an interview then. Lead the way."

"Yeah...about that..." Blaze scratch her cheek while avoiding making eye contact with him.

"What's wrong?"

"Well, I think you'll understand after reading this."

Blaze gives him a piece of paper with the Rhodes Island symbol on it.

Vit received the paper with a skeptical look, wondering what exactly is going on.

With each line he passed, his expression is turning more and more confused.

After he finished reading the entire content of the paper, he could only look at Blaze with a doubtful gaze.

"Is this some sort of prank?" Vit asks Blaze who's also looking at the paper with him.

"You're asking me?"

"If it's not one of your pranks then what exactly does this mean?"

He is very confused right now due to the small paper in his hand, to be more precise, it's a letter from Rhodes Island saying that he got hired and will be assigned to a squad under someone's name Stormeye and instead of today's interview, he'll be taking a physical exam instead.

"I didn't even take an interview yet so how the hell did I get hired?"

"How should I know? I'm also as surprised as you are."

Both he and Blaze can't help but doubt whether this letter is really legitimate or not.

It's not entirely impossible to get hired instantly without doing anything, but for him who doesn't have any special experience at all to get hired immediately is just way too absurd.

"Well, the letter is definitely real since I receive it directly from HR, but for you to get hired this quickly...Did you do something yesterday after I went out?"

"Now that you mention it. I got a check-up by a doctor yesterday."

"Really? Who did the check-up?"

"A woman in green attire. I think her name was Kal'tsit?"

Upon hearing who did the check-up, Blaze immediately froze on the spot. Both her ears and tail perk up as if hearing something unexpected.

"What's wrong?" Seeing Blaze suddenly froze, Vit ask her curiously.

"N-Nothing. Anyway since the letter is real that means you're officially hired now. Congrats!"

Blaze quickly shakes her head and changes the topic of conversation to something else.

(I don't know what you did to get Dr. Kal'tsit's attention but I wish you the best of luck my friend.)

Blaze pray for Vit's well-being inside her mind.