After a day's work

After getting out of the city safely, Blaze's team was able to reach the rendezvous point and meet up with the other team that was waiting for them.

They all settle down to take a break after a long mission. Although some of them are still on guard they seem more lax than usual.

Vit who has nothing to do sits far away from the group and looks at the scene in front of him with a calm expression.

(I guess that's a job well done.)

He thinks so while letting out a long sigh.

"Here."

Seeing a small hand with a tiny cup from above, Vit looks up and sees Deepcolor with her usual hard-to-read expression.

"Why are you here?"

"I can paint the view better here and since I see you're alone, I decide to bring something for you to drink. No need to thank me."

Vit wants to argue back but he's too tired to care about that so he just receives the cup without saying anything and drinks it.

"Chocolate?"

"Don't like it?"

"No, this is fine."

Sweets are something similar to a luxurious item in this ruin. So having a taste of one will lighten up one mood considerably.

Vit quietly sips the hot chocolate and sighs out quietly, enjoying the sweet taste of the drink he rarely had.

Deepcolor sits beside him before taking out her sketchbook and start drawing something like usual.

They both stay silent, not speaking any word to each other. Vit watching the view while Deepcolor drawing her sketch.

Maybe because the situation seems a bit awkward, Vit was the first one to break the silence.

"Is it always like this?"

"What? The mission?" Deepcolor asks while still looking at her sketchbook.

"Yeah. It feels kinda weird." Vit said so while placing his hand on his chest.

"People have many emotions after they've done something. Be it happy, sad, angry, satisfied, all of it is just part of what you are."

"Did someone ever tell you that you're a very hard person to talk with?"

"I have been told that before." Deepcolor only answers back in a light tone seeming to don't care about what Vit just said.

"Emotions huh..."

He thinks back on what happened to him today.

He almost falls to his death, getting drag by the neck through the camp, and flying across the city.

While it's full of unwanted surprises, he doesn't hate it that much.

(Well...I guess being an actor sometimes wasn't so bad after all.)

Vit smiles lightly and empties the cup in his hand.

The dark sky begins to lit up as the sun slowly rises over the horizon.

Vit stares at the rising sun, feeling a strange sense of comfort inside his chest.

After about an hour, their transport has finally arrived. It is a big truck that can hold at least 10 passengers inside.

They begin loading the truck with supplies they brought back with them and start getting on the truck one by one.

"We'll leave after we load everything to the back, anyone who didn't get on the truck will be left behind all right."

"Blaze." Vit approaches Blaze who is looking over the loading process.

"Oh there you are, I was wondering where did you go."

"I was sitting back there. Nothing for me to do anyway."

"You could just sit with us you know?"

"It'll ruin the mood if an outsider like me stays, they'll probably felt a bit uncomfortable too if I have to guess."

"Come on now, don't say something like that! Didn't we all just overcome a dangerous situation together? Not only that you also save us when we're facing problems. That enough proves for us that you can be trusted."

She slaps his back with a little force but for someone like him, it was enough to make his whole body shook.

"I have something I want to ask."

"Sure, go ahead. Ah, but if it's about the payment then you gonna have to wait until we reach Rhodes Island first."

"No...it's not about the money...well it kinda still is about the money but..."

Vit scratches his head, feeling a little nervous than usual.

He fidget around a bit before sighing out loud.

"Well...is Rhodes Island hiring by any chance?"

Blaze didn't say anything but only give him a huge smile on her face as an answer.