1.

...1 hour until dawn...

Ashley turned around and sighed in relief, hugging Chris and then Maysilee

Ashley turned around and sighed in relief, hugging Chris and then Maysilee. "Thank god for your okay!"

"What are we doing now?" Maysilee asked.

"Sam is climbing up there, she wants the rest of us to go back," Emily told us.

"Sam!" Maysilee shouted, and she got to the top and looked down. "Please don't go off by yourself, the Wendigos."

"I'll be fine!" She insisted, "Do you want me to save Mike or not?"

Maysilee sighed "Yes- but Sam you can't save him if you die." She said.

Sam shook her head "I won't die. I promise you guys." She said and disappeared from all their sight.

Ashley turned to her best friend and hugged her. Maysilee stood there. "Oh, I hope Mike is okay..." Maysilee whispered to Ashley, "He can't die Ash."

Ashley pulled away from her and looked at her, "He won't, he's the strongest person I know, along with Matt." Ashley assured her.

"Still we've heard and read about what the Wendigos can do!" Maysilee yelled.

Emily walked up to Maysilee and Ashley stepped away "Maysie look at me." Emily demanded and Maysilee did so.

"Look Mike and I dated for 3 years and he never and I mean never looked at me the way he looks at you." Emily explained, "I'm sure if Jess was here she would agree with me. He loves you a lot, he isn't gonna let you lose another love, he doesn't want you to go through that pain again."

"Wait you guys know?" Maysilee asked, "About what happened between Beth and me a few years ago?"

Emily chucked "Girl of course I did and so did Mike, Matt, Josh, and Jessica." Emily looked up at Chris and Ashley.

"Yeah um about that- we knew to Mace... Ash, Sam, and I," Chris admitted. Ashley nodded.

Maysilee smiled, "Well shit," she said, "I kept that locked up for years and you guys knew all along!"

"Seems like it," Ashley said and chuckled.

"Well, why didn't you guys talk to me about it!" Maysilee asked, still shocked that everyone knew.

"Well, we didn't wanna invade your privacy." Chris answered, "Or make you feel uncomfortable."

Maysilee nodded understanding. "We should get back, we wanna be there before Sam and Mike get back."

The four of them took the same route back, Chris and Maysilee still lagging behind. They both refused to stop. Until finally Maysilee couldn't take it anymore, "Guys I can't- I can't walk any farther-" Chris looked at Maysilee, and then the other two girls turned around, "I can't even force myself to."

Chris sighed "I would offer to carry you but I don't think I could." Chris said, he felt guilty that he couldn't help.

Maysilee sighed, Emily, looked at Ashley who just nodded. Both the girls walked over to Maysilee and each wrapped a single arm of Maysilee's around them. They helped her walk the rest of the way. They arrived back in the safe room.

Maysilee sat in a chair and unwrapped her leg again. "It's infected- shit-" Maysilee said to herself.

Ashley kneeled in front of Maysilee, "When we get off this mountain we'll go get your legs properly checked out alright? No more pain."

Maysilee smiled, she never expected Ashley to be so brave, but there circumstances I guess she had just grown to be brave now. Maysilee hugged Ashley tightly, "Thank you for being here for me Ash, through everything."

Ashley and Maysilee kept hugging, it was the longest hug Maysilee had ever had. But she knew she needed it. Maysilee smiled and pulled away from Ashley, wiping few happy tears away. This is one of the few happy moments either of them have had these hours they and been here.