Assistant Instructor

"What do you mean I can't use my eye?" 

The room that you were in was empty, except for a wooden framed bed. Hunched over, you gingerly placed the cotton pad wrapped with bandages across your left eye.

The man crouched down to his knees; bending his large figure even lower to get to your eye level. He took off his sunglasses to look at you.

"If people find out about your eye, it might put you in danger," he replied. 

You clutched the hem of your dress; you flashed on the memories of recent and shut your eyes to avoid tearing up. The man frowned, placing his hand on your shoulder. 

"One day you'll be able to use it. But for now, keep it a secret between us." He patted your head as you nodded.

"Okay, Yaga-san."

---

Slightly glistened from sweat, you stretched yourself on a yoga mat, breathing in the thick air you had stirred up from training. You laid onto your back;  wearing a pair of black leggings and a sports bra to fit the routine of exercise. 

'Don't let him see your eye,' You sighed at the thought, turning to your side. The motion caused strands of your hair to cascade down and across your face. 'How cumbersome.'

Satoru Gojo was a name you heard but never really knew; a name of only utterances and hearsay as the strongest sorcerer. You didn't care much for titles, but felt concerned that Gojo would be more of a foe than friend to your current assignment. 

You exhaled heavily, 'I guess we'll just have to see who Gojo is.'

---

"Do you think they'll be done soon?"

Satoru Gojo scrolled through his phone while his student sat next to him, inquiring the time this mission would take. Gojo benched his student from this mission in order to test the other two new 1st year students. 

"This is a test to see if she's crazy," Gojo smirked, "We already know Yuji has some loose screws."

The young man looked disgruntled at his teacher. The two have known each other for quite some time- the young man would even say he owes Gojo his life- but he is not keen with his teacher's personality and antics. 

Gojo's phone rings; it's Yaga. He exhales dramatically and gets up, stretching his long limbs from sitting. 

"I'll be right back, Megumi," He's monotoned, and uses his curse technique to warp a few blocks away for privacy. 

"Principal Yaga~, and what do I owe the pleasure of this call to?" Gojo's words are met with a grunt from his former teacher. 

"Gojo," Yaga spoke in a low voice, "Where are you? We needed to meet 10 minutes ago."

"I'm out with my students," he replies, "You know, me being the best instructor and all-" 

"Come to the school now," the man cuts him off - he's all too familiar with the sorcerer's personality to give him the time of day to gloat. "Leave Megumi - the others should be fine. This meeting will be quick."

The phone hangs up.

Gojo sighs.

He jumps up to the rooftops and begins to trek across the city; warping in between jumps until he arrives at the school. In normal circumstances he'd ask one of the assistants, Ichiji, to fetch him and be his transportation... But Gojo knows he's late, and would rather get the meeting over with.