King of Curses

An unexpected call on this rainy day silenced the torrent raindrops hitting against your window as you heard the man's voice quiver through the phone,

"Y/n-san! T-the students-"

You dropped your book down and leaned forward, "Where are they, Ichiji?"

Satoru Gojo was on a mission overseas; you had planned to busy yourself this weekend with reviewing Jujutsu texts as the students were assigned to take care of a curse manifesting itself over a prison. Based off of Ichiji's call, it sounded that things weren't going well. As you rushed over to the coordinates Ichiji sent you, hordes of special grade curses crossed your path. You exorcised them with ease, but they did slow you down. Running through the last of them, you jumped through rooftops until you saw the King of Curses himself.

Ryomen Sukuna.

The ends of Yuji's hair stood up, ancient tattoos painted across his body like an human hieroglyphic. Crouching down on a rooftop to keep your arrival hidden, you scanned the area to see a battered Megumi and a dissipating winged shikigami. Realizing Megumi was in danger you gripped the edges of the building ledge and pushed down to land between the two men.

"Sukuna, stop."

Sukuna looked at you first with shock; mostly attributed to how unexpected it was to see a woman for the first time in over a thousand years; and how simple you - being a woman- addressed him. An amused smirk creeped on his face, 'What an interesting era this is,' he cackled to himself.

You were completely calm as you stood between Sukuna and Megumi. "Megumi, are you alright?" You asked while keeping you eyes on the King of Curses.

"Y-yes, sensei," he responded shakily, "I'm good."

Your eyes landed back on Sukuna's as he snickered, "A woman! What bring you here, beautiful?"

Sukuna's question was poised more as a posturing of his toxic masculinity; you knew he didn't take you seriously, either. Sighing deeply, you walked closer to him. "You hurt two of my students and I can't allow you to go further."

Your eyes narrowed to the gapping hole in Yuji's chest, his body a cage and collateral for Sukuna. Sukuna grinned wildly but before he could come up with his response- you flashed away then reappeared with him pinned against you to the gravel ground. He let out a yell that echoed through the rubble.

"DAMN YOU-"

"Heal Yuji's wounds or I will exorcise you." You deadpanned. Sukuna squirmed beneath you like a helpless insect. You smiled, pressing your knees in between his shoulder blades further. "I know Yuji is in there: heal his body and bring him back now."

Sukuna laughs between bloody coughs, his markings beginning to disappear, a sign that the curse was rescinding his control over Yuji's body. You release him quickly and turn Yuji over onto his back before pressing your hands over his chest wound, expecting the boy would come back soon.

"Yuji-" you kept your breath steady, easing your nerves as you began to realize how fatal the boy's wounds were, "We'll get you to a healer soon-"

"Sensei, Megumi..." He smiles weakly, "I think this is the end for me. Have a good life."

Megumi appears shocked as you checked Yuji's pulse by pressing your fingers into his neck. Nothing.

You stare blankly. Itadori Yuji was dead; the very reason, the very person, who was the purpose of you being here. You palm his face gently to feel the last of the warmth stored in his check and sighed.