•108•

TIMOTHÉE POV

Timothée was no stranger to nervousness.
He'd done a lot of nerve inducing activities before, but going to meet his ex - who he hadn't gotten over yet - was certainly up there in the most nerve wracking things he had ever done.

He didn't even think she would accept to meet him, and he wouldn't have blamed her for just ignoring his message and blocking him all together. But she had replied, and more importantly she had set a date for a meeting.

And as he stood outside her apartment door, waiting for her to open it, he promised himself that whatever way this meeting went, he would confess how he truly felt, even if it ended up being for nothing.

A flurry of footsteps told him that Iris - and her dogs - had just reached the front door, and a few instants later it opened, to reveal her in simple white top and jeans. But to Timothée she had never looked more beautiful.

<<Hi>> she said.

<<Hi>>.

<<Come on in, you kind of know your way>> Iris stepped aside to allow him to make his way in the apartment, which looked a bit more empty than it did the last time he had seen it.

<<Sorry for the mess, I haven't had time to pack things back, as I just came back and all>>

<<don't apologize. It's cool, are you still searching for a new apartment?>> he then asked.

Iris nodded, making her hair, which was left to fall freely on her shoulders, dance around.

<<I wanted to get one near Beverly Hills, but so far I haven't had luck in finding anything>>.

Timothée felt a strong urge to mention that his apartment was near Beverly Hills, but he knew better than to say anything that might ruin things again.

<<I can try and help you with the search, I have a friend who's a very good realtor>> he then offered.

<<You'd do that?, thank you>>

<<I'd do anything for you Iris>>.

He knew it was better to try than to not, but he couldn't help his nervousness.

<<you don't get to say that>> she began.

<<not after everything, not after I've spent three months crying and hating myself for how things ended>>.

He knew the way she felt, cause God knows he felt the exact same way.

<<Iris I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am for all of it>>

<<But we can fix it, all of it>>.

Timothée's heart broke over and over again as he watched tears form at the corner of Iris's eyes.

<<I want to fix it, but I just can't get hurt like that again>>.

<<Iris the last thing I ever wanted to do, ever, was hurt you>> he took her hands in one of his and used the other to wipe off her tears.

<<I know, and I hurt you too, so I'm sorry for that>> she said stepping closer to him.

<<I do want to give it a chance>>.

Timothée couldn't say anything for a moment, because he couldn't believe what she said.

<<do you actually mean it?>> he asked reluctantly.

<<I do meant it. But I want to take is slow, I think we went too fast when we started dating>>

<<We can take all the time you need, and about going too fast...>> he started.

<<Hi, my name is Timothée and I think you're very beautiful, I would like to get to know you better>>.

Iris laughed before replying:

<<Hi Timothée, my name is Iris, and I think you're very handsome, and I would like to get to know you too>>.

Timothée knew in that moment that he loved her, and if he could he would shout it out to the whole world.