Ch. 10 You have found your Imprintee, Jared

Outside, Bella's stomach started to growl since she hasn't eaten anything ever since she returned to town from Phoenix. A blush appeared on her cheeks, looking and feeling embarrassed.

" Hungry?" Jared asked, causing Bella to look at him with a slight surprise gaze.

" How did you know?" Bella asked, looking and sounding curious.

' Crap! My sensitive ears heard her stomach growl. How do I explain that to her?' Jared asked, looking and sounding concerned.

Jared's chocolate brown eyes intently stared at Bella's. He recalls a younger Bella always looking embarrassed whenever her stomach would growl since she hasn't eaten for hours.

" You would always look embarrassed whenever your stomach growls," Jared confessed.

Bella blushed at Jared's response.

" Yeah. I haven't eaten anything ever since I came home from the hospital," Bella whispered, not wanting to admit to Jared the real reason she got injured.

" Also," Bella's chocolate brown eyes immediately focused on Jared's upper muscular chest, surprised that she didn't notice that her childhood friend is shirtless until now.

" Hm?" Jared hummed in response.

" Aren't you cold?" Bella asked with a slight blush on her cheeks. " I mean. You-You are shirtless!" She mumbled while shyly looking away.

Jared looks down at himself, and a slight blush appeared on his cheek when he realized that he is shirtless since he has gotten used to not wearing a shirt due to his body having high temperature because of being a part wolf.

" I'm not cold," Jared reassures Bella, causing her to look at him in worry. " The guys and I didn't have time to change due to working out earlier before coming here," He smoothly lies.

Bella hummed in response as she turns her head back, and she sees Paul and Sam, also shirtless like Jared. She nods her head, believing that the three guys were exercising before coming to Billy's place.

" Then you guys must be starving. I made lots of food. So, you guys are welcome to eat," Bella turns her gaze back to Jared.

" Oh! What did you make?" Jared excitedly asked, remembering that Bella has a talent for cooking and baking.

" Mexican Enchiladas with a side of rice and beans," Bella responded.

" Sounds delicious! Your cooking has always been amazing. Don't tell my Mom I said that, though. She'll skin me alive," Jared mumbled.

Bella amusingly laughs her first genuine laugh.

Jared's gaze softened when he hears Bella laugh since her doe-like chocolate brown eyes would sparkle with glee.

" Let's get going. Knowing Paul, he probably smelt your cooking and would try to eat everything," Jared held his arm out to Bella.

Bella wrapped her uninjured arm around Jared's, and she shyly stares at him.

" Don't go too fast, okay. The ground is muddy, remember," Bella reminds Jared.

" I won't let you fall," Jared reassured Bella, and he carefully escorts her back to the house.

Bella and Jared stepped inside the house, and their chocolate brown eyes blinked when they see Sam and Paul stare at Jared with a mixture of emotions.

" Are you guys hungry? I made so much food. I don't know why I made so much even though it was only going to be for Billy, Jacob, and me," Bella glanced at the amount of food on the counter that got covered with a plastic wrap to keep it from flies falling onto it.