Epilogue

Maven and Lydia lived happily in their cabin in the woods for several years. While it was difficult at first, they grew accustomed to the lifestyle and Maven's mind fully healed from his mother's abuse and was clearer than it had ever been since the day he was born. The two had two children, one boy, one girl, named Astrid and of course, Ben. Astrid was a powerful Burner like her father, but also had a knack for writing. Ben was a talented Shifter like his mother and enjoyed art and science, neither of his parents' favorite subjects, so they were a bit lost.
           Eventually, Maven and Lydia were invited back to Norta to live in the palace with Cal and Mare and their children. By that time, the country had undergone a lot of changes. The laws King Maven had enacted before he was overthrown were the back bone to the change. The war was over and while there was a lot of work still for Silvers and Reds to coexist without resentment, the Reds' situation had greatly improved and the Silvers' had been taken down multiple pegs.
               Having been practically fazed out of leadership mostly by popular opinion, Farley mainly just helped Cal run Norta's militia, so she barely noticed and didn't have much of a say anyway when Maven, Lydia, and the kids moved in. With one of the three rulers essentially off her throne, Cal and Mare more than accepted Maven's insight and involvement especially in more diplomatic relations which was neither of their strong suit. Lydia picked up writing again, this time as an entire magazine and this time, not as a secret publication. Instead it became one of Nortas most popular magazines. Of course, she no longer gossiped about her husband, but reported on politics, literature and art, and trends.
               As for Cal and Maven, their relationship was never quite the same, but sometimes Lydia would catch them sparring or playing chess or even every now and then, laughing about old times over drinks. Maven was an attentive father, if not a bit stern. He liked teaching his kids new things. Lydia was more of a fun mom and just as fun of an aunt to Cal and Mare's kids. Maven of course, was the best uncle as well.
                And he never stopped loving Lydia. If anything his love for her grew every day. He was happy, maybe happier than he'd ever been.

Lydia
                 So yeah, it's cheesy, but I guess you could say we really did live happily ever after...
                 Oh, yeah—
                                       The End