30 ► Maybe She Fancies Him

Kristen walked around the castle with Alyssa. They were both prefects, even though they were from different houses. A lot of the time, the head boy and girl liked to have prefects from different houses patrol together, and this was one of those times. Both of them were perfectly happy with the situation, considering they had managed to stay friends even though they were in different houses.

"So we haven't really talked in a while," Alyssa stated, "What's new with you?"

"Well, I'm going to be the new keeper for the Wimbourne Wasps ," Kristen replied.

"That's awesome! I knew that some team would want you! You're an amazing quidditch player, Kristen. Besides, that game against Slytherin really showed how talented you are. I don't think many other people would have been able to save shots while being chased by a rouge bludger."

"I'm glad that you think I'm so good."

"Kristen, I think everyone thinks you're amazing. It's not just me. Is there anything else that's new with you?"

"I got another love letter a couple of days ago. It read: 'Life is the flower for which love is the honey- Victor Hugo'. I get these letters roughly once a week. I really want to figure out who is sending them. Also, I tutored James Potter last night."

Alyssa stopped in her tracks, making Kristen turn around and face her.

"What's so weird about that?" Kristen asked.

"Last time you asked if he wanted help with homework he told you to fuck off," Alyssa replied.

"That was third year. I think he's matured since then."

"Did a teacher make him go to you to be tutored?"

Kristen quickly ran the conversation she had had with James through her head.

"He didn't mention it," she stated, "Do you think he was forced to go to me?"

Alyssa noticed the expression on her friend's face. It was a mix of unhappiness and realization that James might not have come to her on his own accord; that he might have been forced to do it.

"Why do you care?" Alyssa pried, trying to figure out what was going on.

"I don't," Kristen replied, wiping the expression off of her face.

"You're such a bad liar Kristen. Do you fancy him?"

Alyssa saw her friend's face go red. Just like her brother, she tended to have an extremely deep blush.

"You do fancy him!" Alyssa exclaimed.

"That's preposterous!" Kristen argued, turning on her heel and continuing to patrol the halls.

"No it's not! If you didn't fancy him you wouldn't be walking away from me right now!"

Alyssa hurried to catch up with her friend.

"I can't fancy him," Kristen said softly, "I'll just end up hurt like I did with Joey. James would probably laugh at me if he found out. That would be so embarrassing! He'd probably tell the entire school!"

"Have you ever thought of the possibility that maybe he fancies you too?" Alyssa asked.

Kristen softly laughed at this.

"That's impossible, Alyssa," she stated, "He's an attractive, womanizing quidditch player who doesn't really give a shit about school. I'm a nerdy, quidditch player driven by the need to do amazing in school and quidditch. He made my life miserable for six years!"

"Your description is accurate for the first six years of school. This year, however, he has changed. He no longer pranks and embarrasses you at every opportunity. He isn't constantly in a broom closet with some bimbo. Hell, I don't think he's been with someone since September! He actually asked you for help, Kristen! If he's capable of changing that much, than he's capable of fancying you," Alyssa replied.

"It would never work. Besides, he's Andrew's best friend. I don't want to ruin their friendship!"

"Kristen, you never know until you try."

Kristen took a deep breath, trying to go through things in her head. At the moment, she thought it was probably some stupid little crush. Why would she fancy someone like James Potter?

"There's no freaking way I'm telling him how I feel," Kristen stated, "If he for some reason says he feels the same way about me, maybe I will try."

There was a quick moment of silence before Kristen decided to change the subject.

"So what's new with you?" she asked.

"Henry broke up with me a couple of days ago," Alyssa replied.

"Why?"

"Apparently, he was still pissed about me 'making fun of Hufflepuff in front of the entire school' during the Hufflepuff-Gryffindor quidditch game."

Kristen laughed.

"That's ridiculous! I mean, that game happened a month and a half ago! You were just telling it how it was and trying to give your house advice," Kristen exclaimed.

"Yeah, well I was planning on dumping him anyway," Alyssa replied, "For the past month and a half all he has talked about was that game and how they should have beaten the Gryffindor. I don't get what it is with people being so obsessed with quidditch."

"It's a very demanding sport. It gives you this extreme drive to win and can cause you to do stupid things. It can bring people together, but it can also break them apart."

__________________

AN: I know, I know. It's been two months and I'm sorry. My laptop have been down for at least a year now and all my files went ZIP~ gone in a blink of an eye. I couldn't retrieve anything whatever I try and now I have to rewrite eveything from scratch.  /le sighs