34 ► Giving Love a Shot

"Thanks for coming and talking to James," Louis said to Alyssa as they walked down the hallway.

After James, Taylor, Jessica, and Fred had left, Kristen's Ravenclaw friends had left as well. That had just left Louis and Alyssa. So he had decided to walk around with her. Now, as he walked with her, he could feel his palms sweating.

"No problem," Alyssa replied, "Kristen told me she fancied him almost a month and a half ago. I could tell that he fancied her for even longer. Plus, I'm a sucker for romance. I would love for them to be together and happy."

"Yeah, James realized she was hot back in October and realized he fancied her in December. Just by looking at him I could tell he really wanted to ask her but didn't want to ruin his friendship with Andrew," Louis agreed.

"I think the whole love note thing is unbelievably adorable. She always seems happier after she receives one," Alyssa noticed, "I personally think that she was hoping that it was James who was sending them."

"James is always extremely nervous when he sends it, but he lights up when he sees the look on her face. He likes the fact that he finally found a way for him to make her smile," Louis replied.

"Do you think they will work out?"

"Yeah, I do. That is, if James ever works up the courage to ask her."

"Relationships at our age don't usually last very long, though."

They had stopped and were now sitting under a tree by the lake. In the distance, he could hear the Gryffindor quidditch team practicing.

"That's not always the case though. Take Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley, or Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, for example. They got together when they were our age and they ended up getting married and being together. My sister Victorie started dating Teddy Lupin in her sixth year, and they got married just last summer.

"It's possible, Alyssa, it's just more difficult. The real world tests relationships. Some of them are strong enough to last, others are not. I have a feeling that Kristen and James would last together. Yes, up until this year, they hated each other. Now, however, they are two completely different people. James no longer snogs random bimbos in broom closets. Kristen broke the rules and snuck out of her dorm in the middle of the night to visit the Chamber of Secrets with him. James is actually fighting for her, instead of just choosing a girl who will immediately want to be with him. They're different people.

"However, they could very easily not work out. Both of them will be playing professional quidditch for different teams. They could just decide and give up. That's part of life. If they don't try, they'll never know though. No one ever knows if they don't try."

Louis finished his speech to see Alyssa looking at him.

"That was very insightful," she said, "It almost sounded like there is someone you would really like to try and be with."