Chapter 4 - Adrenaline

Kiko

1 December

Dear Diary,

It's been a while since we've spoken. Many apologies, I'll try to speak with you more, even though I don't have much time left...

Today was a splendid day.

Izuku introduced me to his group of friends at one of the campus parks. Apparently he is popular with all of his mates in class but these handful of people have been closer to him longer than most. That's what he told me.

First I met with Ochako-chan. She had a bubbly personality, someone I would definitely see complimenting Izuku. Especially when they both divulged their adorable meet-cute at my request. It was the exact opposite of what we had. He was the one tripping over his own feet and she came to his rescue. Whereas with us, I was dizzy falling over my own feet and he'd rescued me. I don't why he keeps insisting he bumped into me, if it weren't for him being there I was sure I would've fallen on my face.

Next was Iida-kun. He was too formal so I opted to call him by his family name. His disposition was overbearing in a parental sort of way. In all honesty, it was quite refreshing to my parentless upbringing. According to him, he met Izuku on bad terms, but like the humble and sweet person Izuku is, he denied such claims. He looked adorable waving his hands in front of him as he explained Iida was just being on top of things which is expected of UA's hero students. I am positive Iida's eyes were sparkling from the comment.

After Iida-kun was Tsu-chan. She was easily approachable, very straight-forward—much like me—and most probably the most calm and level headed person I've met. She said it came from her being the eldest of three siblings. I think it's just her personality; nii-chan is the eldest of two and he doesn't have even half of Tsu-chan's tranquility.

Shoto-kun came in a bit late alongside Kacchan.

Both were quiet when introducing themselves, short concise explanations of who they were to Izuku.

Shoto said he owed everything to Izuku. He was insistent I call him by his first name, saying its only fair since I told him to call me by mine. Other than that he kept his monotonous nature. I saw a glimmer of a smile when the rest of us would just enjoy the mediocre things in life. From what I know about his father, we might have more in common than he'd know. I hope he becomes a precious friend before I leave.

Kacchan said that he's going to be the next number one hero and that Izuku was his most formidable rival. He also made a face between a scowl and a smile when I called him Kacchan. He didn't say anything against it so I'll continue calling him that. I think it's a good sign.

Izuku looked like he was going to cry from the sheer joy he felt from all of their kind words. I think if he were to cry, I'd cry with him. His empathy is unparalleled with any man, woman, or child I've ever met. He was one in a million, the needle in the haystack, the diamond in the rough.

I'm not sure if what I feel is love. But if the warmth, the jubilance I felt when I'm in his presence is what love feels like, I don't want to ever leave his side.

After introductions Izuku brought out a picnic basket he had hidden behind a bush, and started setting up the picnic.

The first thing on my bucket list.

I nearly broke down from the kindness of his gesture, but held back the tears, swallowing the overwhelming sensations buzzing through me.

After we set up the picnic, I smiled at him, a soft thank you whispered in his ear when he sat beside me.