Chapter 7 - White Christmas

Izuku

23 December

Dear Journal,

This winter is warmer than usual. I told Kacchan so when we went Christmas gift shopping together—Mitsuki-san was very adamant that Kacchan was shopping for gifts this year and since he refused to have her accompany him she invited Kaa-san and I to shop with them.

In all frankness, it wasn't too bad. Kacchan was being Kacchan and chose pretty simple and practical gifts pretty quickly.

We still had the traditional class gift exchange as always, but it was a given that we still got gifts for the ones absolutely closest to us regardless.

While I just browsed the oven mittens to get a pair for Kaa-san (her's were getting all worn from the years and she never parted from them cause I got them for her for Christmas when I was in Middle School) Kacchan was picking out a beginner's cooking set of pans and spatulas for his secret Santa (He pulled out Shoto's name from the raffle). He and Shoto had started weekly cooking sessions on Shoto's request on learning his sister's favorite dish; he wanted to surprise her on her birthday which was roughly two months away.

I had asked why they were starting so early and Kacchan simply said, "It's Icyhot. He'll need all that time to get familiar with a basic kitchen." I stopped asking questions after that. It's not that I can't work around a kitchen; I just have no idea on how to cook new dishes without messing it up at least a few times, let alone teaching someone. Kacchan is just sugoi like that.

Anyways, after I found a pair of simple red mitts with black polka dots that remind me of strawberries and watermelons, I went to the checkout. On the way there I saw the limited edition gold All Might keychains; the ones that had a tiny charm of an American flag right next to the tiny statue.

I know. I promised not to splurge on All Might merch when I went shopping today. I know.

But I couldn't help but remember Kiko-chan's expression when I told her about my first encounter with All Might when I saw the key chain. Her eyes glistened with wonder and she was literally buzzing with excitement at every detail I explained to her. And even though I know I probably shouldn't have gone and impulsively bought her something so small and sooooo expensive. But I couldn't help myself.

I hope she likes it.

See you soon,
Izuku

***

25 December

Dear Journal,

This year wasn't a white Christmas.

But that didn't mean we couldn't make it so for Kiko-chan's sake.

Some part of me (the very cautious and planning side that always thinks of contingencies) had created a plan in case the weather wasn't on our side.

We'd need Shoto-kun and Eijiro-kun mostly, but Hagakure-chan would definitely help with adding the extra sparkle in the environment.

So we did just that, almost recreated a similar ambiance that we did at the sport's festival from our first year, just more of a Christmas themed celebration.

When most of our preparations were complete, Ochako-chan, Mina-chan, Iida-kun and I all went to the apartment address Recovery Girl gave us (after much convincing and eventually from All Might's insistence that we were in need of it for a surprise).