Chapter Thirteen

"Alright Amy, are you ready?" Trixie asked me. We were standing outside of the garage, Trixie holding a blindfold.

"Yes. I think," I smiled. Trixie grinned and tied the blindfold onto me.

"Alright, let's go," she led me into the cool garage, pulling me along. I walked as carefully as I could, trying desperately not to run into anything. After a minute she stopped.

"Ok. Here we go," Trixie said and jerked the blindfold off of me. I blinked, my eyes adjusting to the light and then, I saw it.
It was beautiful. All sleek curves and edges. The entire car was tastefully painted a nice pink, with gold and white accents. The racer sat low to the ground, obviously aerodynamic. It was truly built for racing.

"Oh Trixie," I breathed, unable to believe what I was seeing.

"Do you like it?" Tails asked, coming up behind us. I turned and gave both of them a huge smile.

"It is the best car imaginable. I absolutely love it. Thank you guys so much!" I smothered them both in a hug.

"We thought your old car looked kinda...lame. So we completely redesigned it to be a better racer! Now you have a standing chance. You won't to rely on pure skill alone. Your car will now be able to keep up with you!" Tails smiled widely. I laughed, completely delighted.

"I can't believe this," I ran my hand along the smooth body of the car.

"Believe it. And in a few days, you'll be racing her," Trixie grinned.

"Lets take her out now!" I suggested.

"If that's what you want!" Trixie laughed.

"Let's do it!"