Chapter Five

The stands wouldn't stop filling with people. I knew that they were able to hold about a million people overall, but I had no idea that about a million people would show up just to see the race. I guess we lived a pretty sheltered life. The corporation never let us see the news or anything like that. They wanted their stars happy and oblivious, I guess.
I was standing next to my car in the garage, when I saw Sonic at the front of the lineup. He was walking back, probably to talk to someone, but slowed when he got near me.

"Hello Amy," he muttered. I looked at him in surprise.

"Um, hello Sonic," I replied. He quickly continued on. I stared after him, a little confused.

"Hey Amy, do you have a screwdriver I can borrow? My techs lost the one I had," Knuckles walked up.

"Uh, yeah, sure. Go ahead Knuckles," I waved my hand at him. He took what he needed and left. I leaned against my car, thinking and watching the sun climb higher in the sky. Soon Calvin passed me.

"Amy, the race will begin in five. You want to get ready," he hurried by. I sighed and, with the help of my pit crew, put my helmet on and climbed into my racer. The opening ceremonies began with the sound of trumpets. The race was about to begin.