Chapter Twenty

"Congratulations Amy," Espio said to me as I passed him on the way to my cabin.

"Thank you Espio," I replied, a little surprised. Her just smiled and kept walking. I stopped at my cabin and entered after a moment.
Inside, everything was just as it always had been: pink everywhere. As I looked around, I saw the space with fresh eyes.

"Hmm, you could use some tasteful redecorating," I said aloud. There was a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I called, taking off my jacket and laying it on the sofa.

"It's Tails. A bunch of us are going to go hang out and I wanted to know if you wanted to come along," he asked. I went and opened the door.

"Are you guys going now?" I asked.

"No, we're meeting in, like, 15 minutes," Tails replied then grinned. "Are you coming?"

"Sure. Let me just change my clothes. Where are you guys meeting?" I smiled.

"The dining car. I can wait for you if you want," he offered.

"Ok. Come on in, I'll just be a minute," I let him in and went to get a new outfit. I pulled a pair of pink jeans and a sweater out and went into the bathroom to change. I exited a minute later, and I walked with Tails to the dining car.

"Who's all going to be there?" I asked. He shrugged.

"The normal people. Blaze, Silver, and Cream. Also, Blaze invited Shadow. I think it's kinda nice that he's being included in stuff. Maybe he's not as weird as we all thought," Tails said brightly. I blushed, remembering what had happened at the park.

"Yeah. Maybe you're right," I said as we entered the car. I saw our group right away. They were the loudest group in the car. Blaze and Silver laughed at Cream, who was dancing to a song playing on the speakers. She looked pretty silly, and even Shadow had a small smile on his face. Blaze saw us as we entered and waved us over.

"Tails! Amy! Hey!" she laughed. There were only two open seats and one of them was next to the dark hedgehog in the booth. I immediately slid in next to Shadow, not even hesitating. Blaze gave me a secret smile and I gave her a look back. Tails stayed standing, dancing and galavanting around the car with Cream. Blaze and Silver talked quietly and laughed with Tails and Cream.

"Feeling better?" Shadow asked me quietly. I blushed again, thinking of how I'd shown him such vulnerability in the park.

"Yes. Almost as if nothing had happened," I smiled brightly, tapping my character a little for the sunny attitude I needed to show.

"Well, just don't forget that it did happen," he took a drink out of his glass. I wondered about what he meant. I didn't have a chance to ask him, however, as Cream grabbed me and pulled me up.

"Come on Amy!" she laughed. She pulled me all over the car, dancing. I laughed with her as she twirled me around. I paused for a minute, as I was getting dizzy. "Don't stop Amy!"

"Cream, I'm getting dizzy!" I told her. She just laughed and danced away. I returned to my seat next to Shadow and took a sip of my drink.

"She's insane," I commented. Shadow laughed quietly.

"You could say that," he murmured. I looked over at him.

"You seem to be in a really good mood," I observed. He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Why wouldn't I be? I mean, I'm being included, I have friends Now, and you're sitting next to me. Couldn't be better," he gave me a half smile. I blushed and looked away. Things had definitely changed between us.