#8 Memories

-ARA POV-

I woke up with a sharp pain in my head since I cried whole night, again. I was too tired to walk to the bathroom but I had to clean myself anyways so I did.

I took a long relaxing bath and stepped out ot of the bathroom just to see what a mess I've created in the last two days- albums, picture books, polaroids,diaries and every piece of all the memories I created with Isuel were scattered in the whole room.

Though I grew closer to her just a few years ago, we were still always together since childhood. From learning how to hold a spoon to learning how to drive a car, we did it all together.

Isuel had seen the best and worst of me, no one knew me better than she did. But I think I didn't know her well enough. I trusted her way more than I should have.

I sighed at myself for being so stupid and finally took a deep breath before rolling up my sleeves, starting to clear up the mess.

I picked up a diary from the ground and was about to close it, when the open page caught my eyes, there were words scribbled over it in not very beautiful handwriting-

"A pinky promise to a pinky girl, I'll never leave you... You're my pearl.
~Isuel(6 years) , your favorite friend"

I smiled how innocent Isuel used to be and how ironical it was for the same girl to grow up so wicked. I never thought that a feeling as poisonous as venom- jealousy, would come between the two of us.

I didn't even realise when I started crying, I wiped off my tears and quickly picked up all the things. Placing them all in a carton and headed downstairs.

I saw my mom getting shocked for a second since it's the first time in the past two days that I came out of my room but then, soon she gave me a warm smile which I returned gladly.

She didn't force me to come out of my room, probably thinking I had a break up with my 'non existent' boyfriend. Yes she has always been bugging me to get a boyfriend.

I didn't tell her off course. I couldn't actually. I didn't want my small issues to cause stress to her and dad's business since I know how short tampered my dad is.

He'd probably go and smack Isuel's head if he knew about it all, ending up breaking years long business collaboration with her dad.

I put the carton in the store room and came back and entered the kitchen placing my ass on one of the stools in front of the counter.

"Good Morning Mom!" I said with a small smile making her turn around. "Morning my beautiful lady" she said placing a bowl of cereals in front of me, along with it sliding a milk jar to me.

"Thanks mom" I said and started to pour some milk in my bowl. "Its ok Ara, such things always happen in relationships." She said placing her hand gently on mine.

"Not all couples are meant to be." she continued. "I am sure you'll find your perfect match soon. Trust me you'll get your prince charming soon" she squeezed my hand and showed me her sweetest smile.

I didn't wanted to be thrown at with innumerable questions about what was the actual reason for me to lock up myself in my room if this wasn't it, so I just nodded and played along with whatever knowledge she was giving me about relationships and all, which I didn't even pay much attention to.

I finished my breakfast and walked up to the sink, placing the empty bowl inside and washing my hands before turning to the fridge taking out a bottle.

As I was rotating the bottle cap, I heard mom speak "Oh Jimin?" I froze on the spot as mom mentioned him. Shit! I wasn't ready to meet him yet. I knew he was gonna talk about Isuel and I am not over it yet.

                ----END OF CH. 8----