#21 Mess

-ARA POV-

I was taken aback by his words. I started to walk backwards without even realising, but then I stopped coming back to my senses.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked, still not being able to digest what he just told me. 'He broke up with his girlfriend for us? For me? '

"I mean" he began looking a bit tensed but then quickly shook his head to get rid of whatever was going inside the walls of his skull.

He looked at me again, his eyes meeting mine again, but this time with a new glimmer in his eyes and his face only showed a hint of how overwhelmed he was.

And then it hit me. What he was going to say. My eyes grew bigger and lips parted. I was about to speak but I ran out of words.

"I mean...I love you Ara" he said with full confidence, his voice and his eyes displayed the same sincerity that his words did. But I had nothing to say. I don't know why but I felt nothing.

I was too shocked to feel anything. This was all so quick for me. To be honest, this was all so new to me. I wasn't prepared. I didn't expect this coming.

I gulped down a big lump forming in my throat and I don't know why I said what I said next "but I don't... I never did...even back then... I don't think I loved you anyways, it was just attraction" And a feeling of instant regret hit me so hard.

No that's not it. That's not what I was supposed to say. I don't know why my heart said it differently than what my brain made me say. It ached.

A part of me was sad for what I just said but a part of me was dancing in victory. There was a formation of clouds in front of my eyes. What happened next, I knew it was just imagination but it felt so real.

There were two 'me's' in front of me, amidst the cloud that just formed in front of me.

The 'me' on the left was having horns on her head and it was dressed black and red, supposingly she was the devil side of mine. And the right one was wearing white and had a ring over her head and I think she is the angel side of me.

The 'devil me' laughed before it said "Well done Ara! You did it! We did it! We made him taste his own poison! Revenge complete! Look how hurt that bastard is!" she said dancing.

I took a glance at Jimin's gloomy expression. The same person who was the happiest being on this planet a minute ago, for his friend had found the biggest happiness in life; was now standing there with no expressions at all. He looked pale.

It hurt seeing him like that.

And what the 'angel me' said next hurt me even more "What have you done Ara? Why did you do this to him? You never wanted to hurt him. And look how broken he is. That wasn't what you wanted to say" she said in the saddest tone.

The sight of Jimin, drained of all emotions; standing between the "dancing devil me" and the "crying angel me" made me realise what a mess I have created.

And suddenly, both of them disappeared. Leaving me in a flood of thoughts.

I took a step forward and brought my hand upto his left arm and he flinched coming back to reality as soon as he felt my grip on his arm.

"Jimin-" I said in a low whisper, not knowing what to say anymore. But before I could even come up with anything, he brushed my hand harshly and moved towards the car, slipping inside and sitting on the passenger's seat.

I let out a heavy sigh and took the drivers seat. I could see the cold expression he was wearing. He looked not sad anymore, but he was mad. But why?

I started the engine when I heard him saying "Hotel Sunshine". He said without even looking at me and I just nodded and started to drive.

----END OF CH. 21----