God's Dessert (C)

▪︎ ▪︎ DU DU DU DU DU DU ▪︎ ▪︎

"Cole,"

I groaned and rolled over.

"Cole, wake up." "Five more minutes, please."

"Cole Andersen Lacroix, get up." I blinked as I forced myself to sit up.

"Ah! Where am I?" I stared at a creepy woman who looked like Kuro's sister, but she was paler and her eyes were black with white pupils.

"Cole, relax." She pet my head. "Do you recognize me?"

"Are you...Mika?" She smiled and nodded. "Cole, I don't think my brother was being totally honest with you. Come." She stood up and held out her hand. I took it and she pulled me up with ease and took me on a tour of the palace I was in.

"Cole, I know you're confused and afraid, but you don't need to be. Tell me, do you believe in fate? Or in a life after death?"

I furrowed my brows. "Fate, and life after death, why?" "Ever heard of soulmates?"

I froze.

"Where is this going, Mika?"

"You are Kuro's soulmate. And Kuro is a prince."

"A prince? Of what?"

"Purgatory. A place that isn't black or white. A place where time stops, where you're stuck forever."

"Is this where the 'life after death' bit comes in?" She nods. "Yes. Our family has been taking care of this region for many generations. In fact, everyone here is still taking care of it due to our immortality curse." She waved her hand at a long line of portraits.

It started with a very pretty looking man, with long brown hair and eyes that could freeze you in place. He was standing next to a man with kind green eyes and black hair and a small beard.

"Our great-grandparents, a God of nature and a Demon of Gluttony." Her fingers gingerly pressed to the glass.

"If they were both guys, how did they have children?"

"Sakuya," she pointed out the man with the long hair. "Is also a God of fertility. He and my other great-grandfather had twin boys."

The next frame had two men, one with a woman standing next to him and the other one alone. "This is my grandfather and mother, Ayato and Nanami, and my Granduncle, Riku."

"Then, our parents." She tapped on the next portrait. A tall, intimidating man with eyes like Mika's stood next to a smaller man with purple eyes.

"Daichi and Haruki."

"Kuro." He sat alone, in a chair, somber. I don't think I've ever seen a more depressing image, than the man you love sitting alone in a dark room.

"Kuro has been alone all these years. Waiting for you to appear. He didn't realize he had to leave to find you."

I couldn't help the blush that exploded on my cheeks.

"Next is the bastard known as Shiro--" she was hit in the face with a fist.

"Who the fuck are you calling a bastard, bitch?" A man screamed in Japanese.

"You, whore!" She yelled back.

"D'you wanna fucking die?" He launched himself at her.

"This happens every time." I jumped. "Who are you?"

This man was scary. Tall, giant horns and bright red eyes.

"We've met before. I'm Mika's husband, Belial. Demon of wrath."