Chapter One: Conceal (K)

I stepped out of my room and left to the elevator, where humans were pinning me with strange stares. I gave a huff and an icy stare, causing them to nervously avoid eye contact.  Soon I made it outside and stared at all the crazy cars. I stepped towards the street before a hand grabbed me and pulled me back.

   I fought back, even throwing back a hook.

   "Ugh!" I stared in horror as my sister fell to the ground. "Mika? What the hell is going on?" Her eyes thinned to slits. "Dickweed. At least apologize first." She cleared her throat and stood.

  "You can't go out here yet! You don't even understand Earth! First, change your appearance." She snapped her fingers.
    "Your eyes freak humans out, so they'll be plain gray for now. Also, you can't just walk into traffic! Here, Belial and I will assist you." The snake was slithering between her breasts. She snapped again, and he went from his snake form to his normal form.

   Belial grunted. "Kuro."

      "Belial." I glowered at him. Our family had a...complicated relationship with Belial. Our great-grandfather, the demon created after Belial, had his powers taken from him by Lucifer because Belial messed up. Since then, we didn't trust or like him, until Mika was born. They fell in love, Belial begged for forgiveness, and the rest was history.

"And how exactly are you supposed to help? What knowledge do you have of Earth?" He scowled, crossing his arms. "A lot more than you do, prince." He seethed. Mika raised her hands.
     "Now now boys, we're not here to have a pissing contest. We're here to conceal. "

    She snapped her fingers, and her brilliant mismatched eyes were gone, leaving them just black. Belial didn't have his horns, wings, tail, or maroon eyes. They were now amber.
    "Aww, you look so cute with gray eyes!" She cooed, showing me my changes.

     She comedically pulled a tissue out of her handbag, and fake sniffed. "Oh look at my big brother. He grew up too fast!"
    I rolled my eyes. "Can I go now?" She put away the tissue. "Of course! Just take this sunrise and sundown." She held out a pill bottle. "It'll wear off if you don't. And if it wears off..."
   I grabbed the bottle and kissed her on her forehead.
   "Thank you, sister. I won't forget."

   She smiled. "Goodbye, Kuro. I wish you luck on your journey." She blew a kiss.

     "Call me sometime!"