Calm down Part 2-Fluff+Angst🌸🥲

Kokichi's POV

"Thanks for having me over" I said, putting on my shoes at Rantaro's front door. "Of course! Thank you for helping me with my homework haha." I smiled and picked up my backpack. "Bye Bye!!" I called from the sidewalk. I continued on my walk home, thinking about the day I had. Shuchi blushed because of the name I called him.....OMG HE BLUSHED. Wait, maybe that means I'll have a chance? No, probably not, there's that blonde girl who is always all over him. Well... I guess that's to be expected. No one's ever felt that way about me, so why would they start. I don't mind though, seeing him happy is the most important thing to me! I walked up to my front door, not hearing anything inside. I closed it behind me, bracing myself to get a smack to the head for not coming home right after school, but I didn't. I looked around and noticed that no one was home at all.

I began rummaging around, finding what I had left from last week's groceries to make food. If Dad comes home tonight, he's going to want food, same with Mom, but I doubt she'll be back. She told me that one day she'd come back and save me from him, but it's been 5 months and I haven't even gotten a text from her. I started making some food, making sure to make enough for leftovers as well. I sat down at the kitchen table and ate, listening to the clock ticking on the wall beside me. Thn, my phone rang, indicating someone had texted me.

Shuichi: Hey Kokichi, What are you doing tomorrow?

Kokichi: Nothing, why silly?

Shuichi: Well, I wanted to know if maybe you wanted to go to that sweet shop by your house tomorrow with me

I stared at the phone, my face completely red.

I clicked the little phone button by his name, and put it up t my ear. Seconds later he answered, "I would love to" I said, a smile growing on my face. "Thank goodness" He said, laughing nervously. "Umm, I'll pick you up at 3?" "Sounds good Shu Shu" "O-ok, well see you tomorrow" He said, sounding flustered. I giggled and said bye before hanging up. I ran up to my room and threw myself on my bed, squealing like a little girl. It might not be a date, but it felt like it so I was super happy. I got up and planned what I was going to wear before starting on my homework. I wanted to have everything done so I could spend all my time with him. And as long as Dad doesn't come home, doubt he will though because it's been like 3 days since I've seen him last, I can do whatever I want.

I picked up my phone and dialed Rantaro. "OMG YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED." I yelled into the phone. "Well, whatever it is sure has you excited." He said, laughing a little. "Shuichi asked me to the shop that we go to on my birthday" I said, a giant smile plastered on my face. "That's great! Is it a date?" He asked, teasing in his voice. "Well....he never said it was, but it kinda feels like it" "Make sure you wear something nice" "Yeah, yeah I know you idiot" "I've got to go help my mom with dinner but I'll text you later ok?" He said, "Yep ok!" And we hung up. A stupid smile stayed on my face as I finished my work and got ready for bed.

~The next day~

I woke up and went to get breakfast. "Dad?" I called, seeing if he had come home last night, but everything was exactly where I had left it. "Oh well" I muttered, not actually that concerned. After eating I went to get dressed, and get ready for the day. I was going through my closet, trying to find something to wear, but my problem is, I don't have much to start with. I save money every paycheck to get something new, but it's not easy when you also have to buy everything else for the house. It's nice that Mom does still look after the rent for me since she knows my Dad won't. After debating between two outfits, I chose a pair of black jeans with rips at the knees, and a white t-shirt. "Not bad" I said, looking into the bathroom mirror. I grabbed my wallet and stuff, making sure to grab all the cash I had, so $20, but I'd do anything to make Shuichi happy.

S: Hey, I was wondering if you actually wanted to go a bit earlier?

I picked up my phone and reread the message a dozen times.

K: Of course silly<3

I answered. I felt my face heat up just at the thought of being alone with Shuichi.

S: I'll be there in 10<3

OMG. Did he just send me a heart!? I fell backwards dramatically on my bed, covering my face with my hands. 'When did I fall this hard for him?' I thought, giggling to myself. I got up and checked my outfit one more time before grabbing my things and going to wait downstairs. After a few minutes I heard a knock at the door and went to open it. "Hey" He said, smiling as I stared at him. I suddenly clued in that I was staring and began blushing again. "H-hi Shuichi!" I said as I walked out the door and locked it. "Shall we go?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck. "Of course!" I said, skipping down the stairs. He giggled behind me and ran up to walk with me. "I heard that the dessert place is your favorite" He said, not making eye contact. "Yep! Except I don't go there very often" "Well I'm glad I'm one of the reasons you're going" Shuichi said, now looking over at me. I blushed for the millionth time and looked away, but not for long because I felt something touch my hand. I looked over to see Shuichi pull his hand away, "S-sorry" He mumbled, clearly embarrassed. I grabbed onto his hand and intertwined our fingers. "I don't mind," I said, smiling at him.