Chapter 2.6

The six Pogues down the street hollaring excitedly. John B drove them to Sarah's boat, they put gas in it and Pope and JJ pushed it out intoxicated the water. They made their to a small dock to try and find breakfast. Emilie, Kiara and Sarah hopped off the boat.

"We're going to find some food." Sarah informed the boys.

"Jackpot." Kie said as she lifted a watermelon.

The three girls sat down on a bench. Sarah and Emilie shared half of the watermelon and Kie had the other.

"Okay, so you really got married?" Kie asked Sarah.

"It wasn't exactly legal, but, yeah."

"At your real wedding can I be the flower girl?" Emilie asked Sarah.

"Isn't it usually a little girl who is the flower girl?"

"No. I'm gonna be your flower girl."

"Only if I can be a bridesmaid at your wedding."

"Ugh, weddings are a waste of time."

"What do you mean?" Kie asked.

"I just don't understand why I would pay thousands of dollars to walk down an isle with a big itchy dress on." Emilie explained.

"So you don't wanna be Mrs. Maybank?" Sarah asked with a smirk.

"I never said that." Emilie deadpanned. "All I need to do is sign some papers to become Mrs. Maybank. I just don't want a big huge fancy wedding."

"So you do want to be Mrs. Maybank?" Kie said smirking.

"Next question."

The two other girls chuckled before Sarah spoke.

"Am I crazy or is there definitely something going in between you and Pope?"

"Maybe." Kie shrugged.

"That's not a no." Sarah said.

"It's not a no." Kie told her.

"Girl..." Emilie made a face at Kiara. "We do need to talk about that cause it's fucking nasty."

"Its nasty?" Kie asked.

"Yeah. The flirting was, haha funny laugh. But the garbage bags stunt, that's where I draw the line."

"What about when I can hear the bed moving at John B's because you and JJ-" Kiara was cut off by Emilie.

"Oh, would you look at the time." She stood up looking at her naked wrist and started walking back to the boat causing Sarah to let out a laugh.

When they got there she could tell that the boys had been talking about something they didn't want the girls to know.

"Hi." Sarah said. "What y'all talking about?"

"Um...fishing." John B told them.

"Gross." Emilie said.

"Dropping lures." JJ held out his hand to help his girlfriend in the boat. "That's that, you know."

"Okay." Sarah said.

"You need help?"

"Thanks." Sarah passed her watermelon to JJ.

"Goodness gracious."

"What's that now?" Pope asked.

"I got breakfast." Kie said.

The Pogues drove back to Kildare island talking and laughing. For the fist time in a long time, everything was back to normal.

"There she is." John B said as the pulled up to the dock at the Chateau.