Chapter 2.12

😝😝😝 BESTIES I'M BACK 😝😝😝
And here to stay! I finished writing this so I will upload more frequently.

We are now all gathered in John B's van on our way to the old folks home to see Pope's mee-maw.

"Guys the thing that Limbrey said, I don't think she meant to let it slip." Pope said fiddling with the key. "She said the key leads to the cross of Sanyo Domingo."

"Wait can I see that?" JJ says reaching for the key.

"Are we supposed to know what that is?" I ask Pope.

"I'm guessing it's some sort of historical artifact of great importance." He tells me.

"Well according to the interwebs, it was a gift." Kie speaks up. "From New Spain to the Spanish king."

"New Spain? Is there an Old Spain?" JJ asks with a smirk.

"Shut up." I giggle.

"Shit, talk about over-gifting look at that thing." Kie shows us a picture of the cross on her phone. "Looks like there's a person standing next to it."

"So it's a giant ass cross." JJ states.

"It was widely considered at the time to be the most extravagant tribute ever from the provinces." Kie reads. "It was lost off the coast of Bermuda in 1829."

"Did you just say Bermuda?" JJ asks.

"Oh, no. Not the triangle." John B says.

"Like suit life on deck." I state.

"It always leads back to the triangle, dude. Like every single time somethings weird, it's the Bermuda."

"What does a key found in your mee-Mars's pharmacy have to do with any of this?" Kie asks ignoring us.

"Yeah?" Sarah asks.

"Where do we come in?"

"I don't know." Pope says. "That's a good question.

We pull up to Shady acres and all hop out of the van.

"Hey, uh, actually, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself." Pope says.

"Are you sure?" Kie asked him.

"Yeah, I can handle it. I don't really need you, so..."

"Oh we're just all one big happy family today, aren't we?" JJ says sarcastically.

"Okay, man. Pick you up in a bit." John B tells him as we get back in the van.

We decided to drive down to a little shop while we waited for Pope.

JJ and John B stayed in the van, while me, Sarah and Kie were walking around the shops talking about the boys.

"Of course I thanked Topper." Sarah said. "He saved my life, and I'd put him through so much already. And you'd think that that is the the crime of the century."

"Tell me about it. All of this crazy shit's happening, and Pope's giving me the silent treatment for not being in love with him.

"Men ain't shit." I said taking a sip of my drink.

"How can you say that when you're a perfectly healthy relationship?" Sarah teased me.

"Hey, it's not always like that. Remember that one time we broke up."

"It was for, what? Like 3 days, that doesn't count." Kie tells me.

"Well one time JJ got mad at me for not knowing how to check my oil." I say matter o fairly.