Chapter 17

JJ drove to the address written on the card. They pulled up to a run down house.

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland." Sarah said.

"I don't know about this, man." Pope says.

"Dude, why are we at Barry's?" John B asked.

"This'll only take a second." JJ said.

"Where you going?" John B asked him.

"Yo soy justicia."

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope asked.

"You know somebody should probably..." Kie started.

"I can go." Emilie said getting out of the van.

"I know you got a stash around here somewhere." She heard JJ say as she opened the door.

"What are you doing JJ?" Emilie asked.

"Well, as thou hath stealeth from us, we shall stealeth from ye." He tells her.

"Huh?"

"An eye for an eye, baby."

"JJ you can't rob a drug dealer, he knows who we are."

"I'm not scared of this guy."

"Okay, well I am."

John B walked in a few moments later and Emilie gave him a pleading look as she walked out of the beat up house. A few minutes pass before JJ and John B emerge from Barry's house.

"All right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit." JJ said walking out of the house. "Sorry about that, y'all."

"So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?" Kie asked.

"This Barry guy's gonna find out and he's gonna come after us." Sarah said.

"Yes, he will. This is not the time to start wilin' out." Pope agreed.

"How'd you like havin' a gun pulled on you?" JJ asked.

"Relax." John B said.

"He had it right here on you, bro." JJ pointing at John B's head.

"Look, we've gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit we're putting it back."
John B tried to take the bag but JJ pushed him up against the side of the van.

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh? What are you gonna do when he comes for us?" John B asks.

"We punch him in the throat." JJ responded.

"Yeah, good fuckin' idea, JJ."

"I'm not putting it back." He said taking a seat in the back of the van.

"You guys getting in or what?" He asked. When nobody answered he look over at Emilie who looked down at her shoes.

"What?" JJ asked.

"We're sick of your shit." Pope said.

"Oh, my shit?"

"Yeah. Your shit. Yes."

"Your pulling guns on people shit." Kie said.

"You acting like a maniac-" Pope started.

"Okay, Pope, I took the fall for you, man!" JJ exclaimed. "You know how much I owe because of you?"

"I'm gonna pay you back, and I didn't ask you to do that!"

"I just did! Pay it back. Right here, right now, by myself." JJ said "You know what that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Go off by myself."