Chapter 5

>Save Rex

>Save Rex

I stand up and yelped feeling the pain on my leg but I decided to walk it off, "Rex! I'm here!" I shout then grabbed his hands and started pulling him up, I pulled him up and he push himself up out of the ledge while groaning in pain.

I managed to help him out of the ledge and we both fell to the ground breathing heavily, "I'm sorry, I lost him" I apologized then he puts his hand on my shoulder while both of us still lying on the ground.

"I don't care, you saved me... Thank you mate" he says patting my shoulder and the pain kicks in, I hold my leg in pain while Rex holds his stomach, "Can we call for help?" I ask not bothering to look at him, I just look at the sky seeing the sun slowly set.

Somehow I felt honored bring praised by him, plainly I'd expect him to put an insult, "Huh, the radio is off" Rex says and switches it on and we first heard Anna, "ARE YOU TWO OKAY?! ANSWER THE RADIO REX! YN!" She shouts through the radio.

We both covered our ears and Rex presses a button, "We're fine, we need help on minor injuries, also the guy escaped, I woulda died if YN didn't help me" Rex says, "I'm glad you two are getting along, I'll send paramedics, also Rex?" Anna says through the radio.

"Yeah?" Rex says and she took a moment, Rex put his radio on his ear and "WHY THE HELL DID YOU TURN OFF YOUR RADIO?!" She shouts and Rex's ear twitched pulling his head away, "Yeah yeah, sorry" Rex apologized.

"And YN, what happened to yours?" She asks and I look at mine to see it was damaged, "It's damaged, I don't know how" I say and Rex nodded, "I see, since you two got me so worried I need you two to walk down to the first floor as punishment" She says and we both look at each other dumbfounded.

I then got an idea and sat up to grab his radio, "Alright, if I got there with my leg numb, I will call of the date" I say bluffing and it took a minute for her to reply, "Go on" She replied, I know she too was bluffing judging from her tone.

"Alright, let's go" I say with a smug smile and we both stand up with him supporting me to walk, We both got two stairs down and I struggled to keep walking, I fake drop to the floor and his radio came to life, "Alright alright I'm sorry! Please stay there and don't move!" She pleaded and I look at him with a smug smile.

"Cheeky" He commends and we both leaned against the wall, "So, how are we going to find that guy?" Rex asks looking at me, "Well I did managed to hit his shoulder, I don't know if we can get a lead from that" I say and he thinks about it.

"Well, we did know he's a coyote, we'll ask the receptionist for his name" Rex says and I nodded, we both sat across each other and he pulled out a cigarette, "That's bad for your health" I say and he shrugged, "This will be my last pack, since... The shark your talking about, I'm really dating her, I don't want to have a bad first impression" He confessed and I nodded.

"So, are you dating Lt.?" He asks and I smiled nodding, "I don't know her likes and dislikes yet" I say and he puffs out smoke, "Well, she likes street food, not to fancy at all, also likes company" He says and I fix my hair, "What did does she like?" I ask and he put his hand under his chin thinking.