Don't Let Me Disappear

Two days later-

Kaneki woke up in a hospital bed, his head was tired from sleep, his throat was tired from the same old medicine, he was tired from being treated like a broken person. He knew he had to go out or at least bring some books back from his apartment but something felt off, what was this stench? He felt like he would throw up if it got any stronger, so he tried to get off the bed and step off the bed but he felt something heavy below his left thigh, he removed the sheets and saw his left leg covered by an exo-skeleton of metal. He felt surprised but he remembered back to before his operation yesterday, he remembered he had signed some forms but then again he was in great pain and he just wanted it all to go away, he must have broken it , badly. He then put some extra effort into it and heaved his legs off the bed and sat down. He looked around for the source of the smell but could see nothing except a few empty plates and a bowl with a soup in it. He figured his nose must be out of order because of the operation, whatever that meant, he then sat down and thought about how Hid-*slam* with a loud sound Hide ran into the room and shouted Kaneki's name. Three nurse drones followed him and kept repeating that he wasn't granted permission to visit the patient. Kaneki chuckled at the scene and asked-" what's up Hide-kun ?", Hide replied -" what's up?! What the hell do you mean! I leave you alone for one day and you go ahead and get your self almost killed by construction sites!", Kaneki started- " well the beams didn't kill me as much as Ri-" he was abruptly cut off when the human nurses came in and told Hide to leave immediately or they'd have to call the police, Hide let out a sigh and turned to Kaneki to let him know that he'd come visit once in a while, at this Kaneki instructed him to bring him some books but Hide couldn't hear him as he was dragged out of the room by the nurses. The next few days were uneventful to say the least, Kaneki refused any food as he wasn't hungry but after some arguments the doctors hooked him up to a contraption which injected nutrients into his body. He was released from his hospital prison a couple of days later. Soon he was back at his apartment reading Takatsuki and he felt hunger, so he got off his sofa and walked to his food machine and his oven asked him which food did he want, he said he wanted a burger. So 2mins later he had the burger in his hand and he took his first bite, the burger was almost tasteless to him, so he was surprised but he asked the machine to add some more cheese and ketchup but now the burger tasted like shit. He had been reading his book but his t.v. was on and it showed an interview of a ghoul specialist who explained that ghouls couldn't eat human food as to them it tasted like what we taste when we eat a rotten egg filled with detergent and acid this made all the audience crack up and the reporter said it was an interesting way to put it, Kaneki's eyes were filled with horror, he couldn't be a ghoul, could he?, he then randomly started calling up his favourite dishes, disappointment and nausea, he opened his fridge and found food he had wrapped in aluminium foil and Ziploc bags ,they wouldn't be ruined for many days more, the specialist's words echoed in his ears , eat ,nausea,eat, nausea,detergent, eat ,mixed with, nausea,rotten egg, eat, Acid, nausea, ghoul,eat,ghoul,eat, eat, eat, eat, eat. He passed out after consuming too much. He woke up in the middle of the street, standing, looking at the women,eat,children,eat,men, eat and droids started circling him, he pulled up his hood and kept walking through the busy Japanese street with bright lights and plenty of distractions, but his mind only said two things-flesh, no, flesh, no, flesh, no, flesh, No!, Flesh!, eat, eat, eat , flesh, eat , NOOOOO!

Kaneki sat down on the ground and the stream of people parted around him, finally he saw droids coming towards him and he instinctively ran, he pushed flesh out of the way and ran away from the food . He finally got into a dark alley and smelt a wonderful smell, it felt like cake to him but different. He followed his nose and found himself mortified when he saw a brown haired ghoul feasting on a man. He turned around and shouted that if he wanted this he'd have to find another one cause he wasn't going to get this one, but, Kaneki wanted this and he slowly inched forward but he was crying while doing it, the other ghoul suddenly disappeared and reappeared in front of him and held him by the head and smashed him against the wall, it cracked a little, the other ghoul said something about this being his territory and he would die before he let some other ghoul take it, Kaneki cried at this statement, but then someone pulled him off of Kaneki and threw him on the ground and questioned Brown hair about something and then Kaneki heard the word Rize escape her mouth , he knew now that they knew Rize was a ghoul and they knew her. His sobbing didn't stop even as the 2 ghouls started fighting. Then the purple haired ghoul asked him if he wanted some flesh but he was just horrified, this was the same waitress from Anteiku. She came closer with the severed hand and held it close to him but he kept saying that if he ate it he would become a ghoul and Kaneki asked touka" Don't let me Disappear, please, don't make me eat." Sobbing while he did it. Touka turned back and picked the hand he had slapped away from her hand and turned and said" if you're too weak to eat it yourself, I'll just have to force you!" And she shoved the hand down his throat. He tried to resist but then, he gave in to his hunger and swallowed.

......................................................................
A/N: Hey ,srry I'm just using the first parts of the manga and anime completely with just subtle changes to the story but the big ones are coming, Hint- because of my mod Dominators, the humans kinda have the upper hand so to speak and yeah, remember the CCG raid on Aogiri Tree. I'm not telling u more , it's a spoiler. But thanks for reading and thanks for the vote @Demoniti