Bitter Taste Of His Coffee

A/N: wow! 127 veiws in 2 days, this is much more than I expected,not that I don't appreciate it! Especial thanks to TheDarkElf and Demoniti for their continued support, here goes EVERYTHING:
........x............x.....x...x.....x..x.x.x.x.x.x.x..

Kaneki stood at the table in the outer store room of Anteiku behind the kitchen, he anxiously waited for Yoshimura to come as he was to get his first lesson in coffee.

5 minutes passed, then 10 minutes.

After a long fifteen minutes of anxiety, he decided to check it out, but he was surprised to see touka open the door forcefully,

He fell backwards. Touka was surprised to see him and she fumbled while apologizing.

15 minutes before-
Touka's P.O.V. -»
'It is a perfect day to stay insi-', her thoughts were cut off by a knock on the door and Yoshimura's voice passed through the door," Touka-chan, I need to speak to you",

At which Touka quickly got up and opened the door but the manager didn't come in, instead he just waited outside and said, " I have to go out on some business to the 9th ward"

Touka cut his statement short," I can't handle the shop, it's my day off!"

Yoshimura calmly replied," I don't want you to handle the shop, I want you to handle Kaneki-kun, he needs to be tought how to make an acceptable cup of coffee. I was going to teach him but as you see, something urgent has come up, so I want you to teach him, go down in 10 minutes, he'll be waiting." With that the manager left.

Touka couldn't reply but seeing as there was nothing to say, it didn't matter.

'what a waste of a day', she thought.

She got dressed and went down and stood in front of the door recalling whatever she had learned through experience in coffee, she didn't wanna look bad infront of the guy, not that it mattered but still.

After almost 5 minutes, she opened the door with a little more force than she meant but she felt some resistance while pushing the door so she increased the force.

Then she saw Kaneki, apparently thrown on his back by the door. All her planning went down the gutter as she apologized to the boy, all the while looking at the cute, innocent expression on his face and thinking how his lips complimente- WAIT, WHAT FU** IS MY MIND THINK-

Her inner conflict was cut off but Kaneki looking worried about her . Wasn't he the one who got hurt, why's he looking at me?

Kaneki's POV -

I got up off my back and looked at touka, apparently her face was a little redder than usual.

I got worried about her being sick. Besides what was she doing here?. It doesn't matter I have to attend to her fever, cause that's what friends do right? But, I still don't know if she is my friend yet. I put my hand up to her head and she came out of her 'zone'. It seems like her face got redder when my hand touched her head, but she exclaimed " what the heck're you doing baka-neki?!!"

Her name calling didn't bother me, I asked " Do you have a fever, why are you here like this?", " I'm not sick, I just came here cause Yoshimura-san told me to teach you how to make coffee.", "Oh, alright if your not sick then it alright."

Soon enough she set it up and started teaching me, her skill with the coffee seemed outstanding, and it just went to show why they don't use regular coffee machines, you just couldn't get this via machines.

I made it a point to tell her and she just shrugged like it was nothing. " now you try Baka-neki".

Touka's POV:

Why was he being so nice to me, I sure as hell am not nice to him . His compliment just put me off, I could feel my cheeks heat up but I prevented him from seeing it by shrugging, i told him to give it a go.

I watched carefully as he nervously did the job, after he had finished I gave it a sip.

It was sweet but not so sweet that it covered the bitter taste of his coffee fully, it seemed he intended to make up for it by his sweet behaviour. I guess he would make a useful addition to the staff.

( distinct door opening, sounds of crying and muffled sobs passed through the door )

I recognized hinami's sobs Immediately. I rushed through the door to aid her mind.

Author POV ( like in third person ) :

Kaneki say Touka's worried face and followed after her, worried about her.

They reached the main café and kaneki saw the child of Touka's concern. Yomo had her by his side, touka asked him what had happened and he replied that hinami's mother and father had been killed by some doves( kaneki knew doves were investigators as Yoshimura had explained everything to him). Touka looked shocked beyond existence at the statement. Yomo explained that when he had reached Fueguchi-san's clinic, he had noticed that no-one was inside albeit for hinami who was hiding in the closet and she had explained it to him. Kaneki remembered the name fueguchi but couldn't recall where he had heard it. Touka mumbled that she would make those doves pay for it. But Yomo cut her mumbling and pointed towards Kaneki. He said Touka didn't need to do as Kaneki had already done the deed. At this Kaneki realized that the doves that night had said that name and he figured Hinami was the little girl they were talking about.

Hearing yomo's words Touka's tear stained face looked towards him and came near Kaneki and said the most grateful thank you he had ever heard, she had bowed her head while doing it but she kept bowing, Kaneki grabbed her shoulders and lifted her face and hugged her trying to stop Touka from crying ( he didn't like seeing strong people cry in Takatsuki Sen's books and he didn't like it in real life).

Surprisingly, touka stopped sobbing at the touch of his chest. She felt like she could could stay like this forever, but Kaneki pulled her from his chest and said," You don't need to cry Touka-chan, as for hinami, at least we can fill the gap in her heart with happiness because I don't think she likes to see you cry." As he turned to leave for his room as yomo had already left towards the stairs with hinami, Kaneki whispered instinctively into Touka's ear, " i don't think I like it either.". And he left for his room.

.......x..........x.........x..........x.........x.....x.......x..
A/N: just clarifying, in Kaneki's mind, even the most gruesome acts are justified if Touka was happy, even he doesn't know about his twisted sense of justice yet, don't you think these are the best grounds for a happy relationship?
Like, hey, someone close to the person close to you was murdered sooooo I killed and ate their murderer unknowingly but I'm just gonna go ahead and take all the credit, so let's become bf and gf, hahahahaha! And Touka's like , Sure let's do it! Hahahaha!

I'm my own critic.
Well hope u enjoyed the chapter, I'll occasionally put In these touken chapters until they get married, oops, spoiler alert. Btw I'll take this story all the way to Tokyo Ghoul :re, go ahead and guess what that would be like in my mind. I won't tell if kaneki loses his memory or not cause even I don't know yet, well it'll take .e 3 to 4 months to get to the current Tokyo Ghoul re chapter but then I'll have to ease the throttle on my book, then you'll be forced to read my other (sci-fi) book. Muahaha.

(*Beats slowly build up and Dragon use the bass drop to power his bass pack{jet pack with woofers for jets} and flies off laughing)