Chapter 6

Giyuu's POV

Time skip to couple of weeks later.

Everyone left to go do errands and some other stuff. Which meant I was alone, well that wasn't the case since they didn't let shinobu go for some reason- My crew are weird sometimes.

I decided to read a book because I really don't have anything to do right now. It seems like a hot day today even though it's still winter. Why is today so weird?

After a couple of hours, I finished reading my book. Yes I'm a pretty slow reader. It was now 3pm and I was hungry. I got up and went to the kitchen.

But someone was already their. Shinobu. How annoying. Every time I think I'm alone, she's always somehow their too. Why does this always happen to me? I'm not good with women at all.

"Ara ara, tomioka-san you stayed??" She said and looked at me irritatedly. I could see a vein pop out of her head. "You know, what you did a couple weeks back was creep-like!" She said.

"But you thanked me didn't you?" I said teasingly. Her cheeks went pink, she seem embarrassed. "W-well that's because it's rude to not when someone saved your life!" She said avoiding me.

I chuckled. After a few minutes of awkward silence she said "Well then, what are you doing here?" She asked me now with the same irritated face again. So annoying but kinda cute.

"What am I thinking! Destroy all bad weird
thoughts!" I thought. "Well what a jerk you are. are you gonna respond even respond to me?" She said now angrier. "Oh uh- Sorry. I'm here because I'm hungry." I said bluntly.

"Well then help me cook" She said to me. I stayed silent for a second, this would be very awkward as I am really messy when cooking. "Are you gonna stay their or are you gonna help me?" She said frustrated.

"Uh- sure I guess" I said awkwardly. "Then get your lazy ass over here, loner head" she teased me. "Ok" I said. "Why are you so blunt when it comes to talking tomioka-san?" She asked, hitting her head on the wall.

"I don't know what you mean by that, Kocho." I said back to her, confused of her comment. "I mean why don't you ever use emotion into your words?" She asked, again making me see that a vein popped out of her head.

"Oh sorry Kocho, but how am I supposed to do that?" I asked her, making her even more annoyed. "Uh, try saying to me 'I want to see your cute face, don't spoilt it with wrinkles" She tried to say without bursting out laughing.

"Why that?" I asked her curiously. "I read it in one of my books, plus it would be funny seeing you say that." She said. "I-" I was about to stay something till she caught me off and said "Do it now! No excuses".

"Okay fine-." I said, giving in.

"I want to see your cute face

"I want to see your cute face. Don't spoil it with wrinkles." I said with a smile and a hand out. At this moment, shinbu burst out laughing. For a split second, I thought she couldn't breath from the laughter.

"BAHAHHAHAHAHA" She chuckled. You know it's sometimes nice seeing other people laugh because of you (not like mocking you but laughing at your joke). After a couple of minutes she stopped laughing but kept teasing me.

"I can't believe you're able to do such act" She said and slightly chuckled. "Shouldn't we start cooking now?" I asked, looking at her. "Yeah we should!" She said, looking back at me and smiled.

Quick time skip, they're cooking now.

I feel so happy and warm, shinobu usually would give me fake smile. But this smile is genuine, not forced. It's like the ones nee-san and sabito did to me... I miss you guys so much...

"Hey are you okay tomioka?" Shinobu asked me as I had stopped cutting the tomatoes and a tear had dropped from my eye. "Y-yes. Thanks for asking Kocho" I said and gave her the same smile she had given me.

"N-no problem tomioka-san but are you actually alright?" She said with a worried look in her eyes. The person who seemed to be so cold to me actually was caring about me? Though I don't want to bother her with my problems.

"Please tomioka-san tell me whats wrong!" She said, this time with a sadden look. "I-it's just your smile reminds me so much of my older sister's.. So seeing someone do that made happy but sad" He finally said.

"Oh.. Where is your sister?" She asked sadly, I think she suspected she was dead but didn't assume to quickly. "She died when I was 12 trying to protect me.." I said, looking away. It didn't feel right to tell my problems to someone.

"I'm sorry for your lost.." She said, I could see that she clearly regretted asking me that question. "It's okay it wasn't your fault... So please dont look sad.. It makes me sad..." I said, looking away.

"Ok.." She said and did the thing you could least except. She hugged me. A light tint of blush appeared on my cheek when she hugged me. I was quite suprised of what she did but I ended up hugging her back too.

We hugged for 5 whole minutes. After that, it was a long awkward silence till we we're done cooking. "I must say tomioka-san, you are quite a good cook but very... messy." She said awkwardly while we were cleaning the kitchen as it was a mess.

"Haha... Thanks Kocho I guess" I saidand slightly chuckled. "Hey tomioka-san?" She asked after we finished cleaning up. "Yes, Kocho?" I replied curiously. "Why don't you smile around everyone else and normally only me?" She asked confused.

Her comment made me realise that I had only smiled to her and not anyone else. "I- uh" I stuttered as my blush only became redder. "Are you flustered, tomioka-san?" Shinobu teasingly said to me with a smirk.

I stood their silent, hiding my face. "Hehe don't worry I'm just teasing, I didn't know you out of all people could get flustered." She said. She then put her face near mine. "Hehe, it seems I was wrong tomioka-san. You really are blushing." She said and stared at my blush.

"Stop teasing me, Kocho" I tried to say seriously. "Nope! I caught you blushing and now you're never gonna head the end of it!" She said and giggled. "Don't take as a insult though! I think you look pretty cute when your blushing" She said in a straightforward tone.

Her flirting with me made me turn a bright shade of red. "What's wrong tomioka-san? Why are you red?" She said innocently. How can she act so normal after flirting with me?  "Ne! Ne! Tomioka-san tell me why are you so red? Do you have a fever?" She asked at me worriedly.

She pulled out her hand and caressed my face gently. I just now realised how soft and gentle her hands were. So small and delicate, if you weren't careful enough you could easily crush them. I don't know if it's even possible to get redder than my face but it did happen.

"You're face is really warm. I think you might have a fever but don't worry! I have some medicine for it." She happily said with a smile. I feel like I'm gonna die, she's so cute.

"Oooo~ This is so cute!" I heard someone say from outside the door. "Who's there?!" Shinobu and me said at the same time. "Us, you lovebirds~" Kanae and the rest of everyone popped up. "How long we're you watching?" I asked.

"Long enough to see shinobu flirting with you~" Kanae said with a smirk. Shinobu's face went red like mine. "Yeah that was so cute! Eeek!" Mitsuri said, a flowery aura around her.

After that.. event, everyone kept teasing me and shinobu.

Okay sorry for not making this longer, I didn't know what to do for it but next (or the one after) chapter I will try to make better as some things are gonna happen!

Bye bye!