Chapter 9

My mom pulled in the driveway next to may dads car and turned to me.

"Now don't tell your dad about the whole California thing. He doesn't know about that." She said.

"I won't."

"Alright. Ready?"

"Yep. Lets get this done and over with." We got out and walked inside. My dad was sitting on the cough watching TV. I stood in front of him with my arms crossed. He looked at me, then at my mom, then back at me.

"What's goin' on?" He asked.

"Explain yourself." I said.

"What is there to explain? I figured your mother would've already told you everything." He said and leaned back.

"I did already, but I'm pretty sure he wants you to tell him something." My mom said from behind the couch.

"Talk. Now." I said.

"Fine. You want me to talk? You want to hear something from me?" When I nodded he continued. "I didn't want you. I never wanted you. You were a mistake. You were supposed to happen."

"Hey," my mom stood next me. "That's a little much, don't you think?"

"No, Melissa, it's not. It's the truth," he said to her, then turned back to me. "I don't love you. I never did. I don't even like you. At all."

I felt a tear slip out and I swatted it away angrily.

"Aww, is the little baby sad his daddy doesn't like him?" He said in a baby voice. I'm not going to cry over him.

"I'm not going to cry over a low-life piece of shit like you."

"Ha!" He barked. "I'm a piece of shit? How about you step back and take a look at yourself."

"Rick!"

"What do you want me to say? That I'm glad I had a kid? Because I'm not! So why would I lie?"

"I'm not telling you to lie. I'm just trying to say don't be so harsh."

"Deal with it." He got up and walked into the kitchen and my mom followed. I just stood there. She turned to me.

"I'm not going in there." I said.

"Okay, you don't have to. Go to your room and pack your stuff. You'll stay with me until you go off to college. I don't want you living with him anymore." She walked into the kitchen and I went up to my room. I pulled out my suitcase from under my bed and started filling it with all my clothes and bathroom stuff. I took my time with it because for one, I didn't really want to leave my bedroom, but on the other hand, I didn't want to live here anymore. I got my duffel bag out and filled that with the few things that didn't fit in my suitcase. I grabbed both bags and my backpack and trudged downstairs to meet my parents going at it. They stopped when I came in.

"I'm going to wait in the car. I'm done here." I said.

"Okay, honey. I'll be there in a little bit." She told me. I started to walk out and stopped when I opened the front door.

"By the way," I said to my dad. "I hate you, and I never want to see you again in my life." I said with venom filling my voice before I slammed the door and walked to the car. I threw everything in and got in the passenger seat.

"Motherfucker!" I yelled. "Ahhh!" I yelled again. I can't believe this! The man I've been living with, who I call my father, is a liar, a cheater, and just a horrible person. How could he do this to me? After so long of faking being a father, now he just plainly tells me he hates me? Why would someone do that? Especially to their own child! I'm dumbfounded! I feel embarrassed. And like I said before, I never want to see that man ever again in my life.