Chapter 16

Last chapter!!!

Chapter 16

Brooke's POV

"Look Ms. James, she's been on the machine for three days and you don't have enough money to pay anymore. We have to let her go. I'm really sorry." I very faint;y heard someone say. Then another person started weeping. Then a deep voice filled my ears.

"Here, take this." He said.

"Oh, we can't take this." The weeping lady, who I now realized was my mother, said.

"Please just take it. This is all my fault and its the least I can do." That was Luke.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it. Doctor, would this help..." I zoned her out and started opening my eyes.

"Mmhmnh." I kinda said, kinda mumbled.

"What was th-Brooke!" The first person I saw when I woke up was my mother.

"Mom, how long was I asleep?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Oh honey, its been three days." She rubbed my head.

"Three days." I repeated. "Why?"

"You got in a crash with Lucas and was put into a coma.

"Luke...is he okay? I want to see him." As I said this, he walked into the hospital room. I slowly sat up.

"Luke..."

"Ms. James, can Brooke and I have some privacy please?" He asked my mother.

"Of course." She walked out and closed the door. Luke walked over to the window. I got up and walked over to him. It hurt, to get up and walk around, but I didn't care right now. I slowly put a hand on his shoulder. He flinched.

"You wanted privacy, now talk." I said.

"You really should be in bed." He finally spoke. And with a little anger I might add.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He looked down.

"Luke... I know som-" He spun around, his eyes filled with tears.

"I did this to you! I put you in a coma! For three fucking days! Now you have cords and wires attatched to you, because of me. I hurt you. If it wasn't for me, You wouldn't be here right now!" He collapsed in a chair and put his head in his hands; his elbows on his knees. I was so shocked, I just stood there. "This is all my fault. If I would've watched where I was going, you wouldn't be here right now."

"Don't think that." I kneeled in front of him and held his hands in mine. "Look at me please." He looked up. "Don't you dare think this was your fault. It was also partly mine. I wasn't watching either, and at least you didn't get hurt."

"Yess I did. Three fractured ribs and a lot of cuts and bruises. But I put you in a coma! And your head is covered in stitches and your arms and legs have bandages all over them!" He stood up, so I did too.

"Luke, I-" He cut me off.

"Brooke, I have guilt floating around inside me, that will probably never go away. I can't forgive myself for what I did to you."

"I forgive you. I will always forgive you. I love you and I don't want to hurt you."

"Brooke-" The doctor came in.

"You need to stay in bed. I came in to check up on you." The doctor did some stuff that I didn't know what it was. He walked out when he was done, then came back in.

"Thank you, young man. Your contribution really helped with the medical bills." Then the doctor left and closed the door. I gave him the what-is-he-talking-about look. Luke sighed and sat down next to me on the bed.

"Your mother didn't have enough money to pay for the medical bills, so I gave her the $2000 my mother gave me." He explained.

"But I thought you didn't have that money?" I was getting confused.

"I lied. I didn't want to give the money back, just in case I needed it later in life."

"A-and you paid for my m-medical bills?" I stuttered and started to cry.

"Please don't cry." He said before pulling me into a hug and I cried into his shoulder. "I did this to save you."

"B-but I n-never asked you to d-do that." I continued to stutter.

"But I love you, so I had to." He kissed my forehead, and the door opened.

"Brooke, honey, you need to eat something." My mother looked at me and saw I was crying. I wipped my eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. And I'm not really hungry." I said.

"Okay. I'll set it here if you get hungry later. If you need anything, just press the button by your bed that calls the nurse." And she left.

"You really should eat." Luke said as he got up and handed my a sandwich.

"I'm not hungry." I looked away.

"Okay then." He put the sandwich back down. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah. I'm actually glad I moved here. And met you." I smiled.

"I'm glad you moved here too." He smiled back and sat on my bed. "By the way, we still need to go on a date." I laughed.

"Yes we do." The he slowly leaned in and pecked my on the lips.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you too." He kissed me once more.