Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Brooke's POV

I can't believe I jumped. I regret it now. I started screaming.

"AHHHHHHHH..." I screamed. Then I heard my conscience talked to me.

"Brooke!" It yelled. I continued to scream. "Brooke! Stop screaming! I got you!" I stopped and looked down, and I wasn't falling. I looked up and saw Luke holding me up by me waist and stomach. Wow, he's strong.

"Luke!" I shrieked.

"I got you Brooke! Don't move!" I stayed as still as I could as he slowly pulled me up. I tried to stand when I found ground, but I collapsed. Luke fell with me and held me tight as I cried in his arms.

"I'm sorry, Luke. I'm really sorry." I kept saying like a broken record.

"Brooke stop. Stop!" He yelled, and pushed me away a little so he could see my face. His eyes were filled with nervousness, relief, sadness, and worry. "Just stop." He said a little more calm. "You have nothing to be sorry about." I cried even harder and rested my head on his chest. We stayed like that for a while, not caring that people were watching us. The someone walked up.

"Excuse me, but me and my family saw that you jumped. Are you okay?" A lady asked.

"Yes, I'm okay. I wipped my eyes and faked a smile. The lady turned around and went back to her family.

"Brooke, are you ready to leave?" Luke turned to me.

"Yeah. I don't want to be here anymore." We both stood up and Luke supported me by putting an arm around my back. As we walked, people made way for us to pass. Everyone was staring at us as we left.

"What possessed you to do that?" Luke asked me when we were pretty far from the crowd.

"I don't know. My life was getting too out of hand and it was more than I could handle." I started to get teary eyed again.

"Please don't cry. I've had enough crying for a while. I hate to see you cry." He said as he turned to me, while still holding me up. I, once again, wipped my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'll stop." I said.

"Thank you." We walked back to Adam's house to get Luke's car.

"Hey man, did you fiind Brooke?" Adam asked just as I walked in.

"Yep. I'll tell you about it later. I just came to get my car."

"Alright, your mom got arrested. The cops just called." Luke's face started to get red, and his fists clenched.

"Ugh... I'll just deal with her later. I gotta go."

"See you later."

"See ya." Luke said as we walked out to his car and got in. He pulled out and started driving.

"Promise me something." He said as we stopped at a red light.

"What?" I asked.

"Promise me that if you get stressed out or something, you come to me." He started driving again.

"I promise..."

"Thank you." He never looked at me once.

"Why?"

"Because like today, I was there. If something like that ever happens again, I m ight not be there. I want you to be safe." He stared straight ahead.

"Oh." Was all I could think of. The rest of the ride was silent.

Luke's POV

I pulled into her driveway.

"Hold on. I'll be out in a sec. I gotta grab something." She ran inside and about a minute later, he bedroom light flicked on. She was in there for a few minutes, then the light flicked off. I'm guessing she had to talk to her mom, because she came out five minutes later. Not that I was counting.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yeah." I pulled out of her driveway. "Where are we going?"

"I was actually thinking about just drving around and talking, if that's okay with you." I suggested.

"That's perfectly fine, but can we listen to the radio for a little while?" She asked.

"Sure, you can pick the station." She flipped through and found a good station. We both started singing along, occasionally looking at each other and smiling.

I was so caught up in singing and smiling, I didn't realize there was a busy road, or a stop sign, ahead of me. I drove right past the stop sign, and into the busy street. None of the cars stopped, and suddenly-BAM! A car cornered us and hit the passenger side door, while another one hit the backseat door. My car spun and I tried to gain control of it, but I couldn't I looked over at Brooke and all feeling in me disappeared. Her eyes were shut, blood pouring from her head. Two more cars hit my car, but that didn't matter right now. All that mattered to me was that I just lost the best thing that happened to me.

"I heard the police, firetrucks, and ambulances pull up in my daze. I was pulled out of the car, as was Brooke, but she was put on a stretcher.

"She still breathing!" I heard a medic yell.

"Brooke..." I whispered to myself before we were both put into separate ambulances.