Chapter 8

I walked through the front door and turned around and walked back out. I already saw her car in the driveway, but I just figured she was with my dad or something because his car was gone.

"Lucas get back in here." My mother called to me. I stopped walking, grumbled loud enough for her to hear and walked back into the house. I slammed the door and started to walk up to my room, but she stopped my from doing that too. "Come here and sit down."

"Why?" I groaned."

"Because we need to talk. Remember you promised to make an effort to have a relationship with me and so far you aren't doing a very good job at it."

"That's because I don't want to." I looked down at my shoes trying to contain my anger. I don't want her here.

She sighed. "Lucas, please talk to me. I want to know what you're thinking."

"No you don't." I said.

"Yes I do."

"No, you really don't. You don't want to know what goes through my head."

"And why not?"

"Because," I turned and looked at her. "It's about you."

"And what about me?" She narrowed her eyes. I adverted her question.

"Where's my dad?"

"That's not what I asked."

"Where. Is. My. Dad?" I asked again.

"Answer my question first. What do you think of me?" She asked and I took a deep breath.

"I'm leaving."

"We are not finished talking." She walked to the door and stood in front of me.

"Get out of my way."

"Not until you talk to me. You aren't walking out that door until we sit down and have a real discussion about this." She ordered.

"You can't boss me around. You don't own me. I don't have to listen to what you tell me."

"Yes you do. Now sit down."

"What makes you think you can tell me what to do?" I crossed my arms.

"Because I am your mother and I can."

"That's bullshit."

"Watch your language."

"I'm not going to watch my language. I don't have to."

"And why don't you think you should?"

"Because you left."

"Oh we're back to this now?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You always bring this up and I'm getting tired of it. I know I left. I know you're upset."

"I'm more than upset. I'm angry with you. Actually, no. I'm pissed off at you. And right now, you're making me even more pissed off. So let me leave right now." I pushed her aside and she stumbled a bit. I put my hand on the doorknob and turned it.

"If you walk out that door, you're going to have to deal with the consequences." She told me.

"And what's that?" I asked.

"I'll ground you." She crossed her arms.

I let out a bark of laughter and flipped her off. "I'm not eight anymore so fuck you." And I walked out to my car. I yanking it open and got in. I started the car and drove until I found a spot to stop on the side of a dirt road. I got out and put my hands on the hood. Why does she always have to show up unexpected? It's so annoying! Seriously!