Have You Seen This Girl?

This story is dedicated to my best friend in the whole wide world, Abby. She's helped me with this story and I'm so happy to have her as my best friend.

Luke's POV

It was the most beautiful music I've ever heard. She was sitting on a park bench, playing a guitar. Everyone walking by was ignoring her and I didn't understand why. It was amazing and I could literally sit here and listen to it all day, if that isn't weird or anything. She had long brown hair and looked average height, even though she was sitting down, and she was really pretty.

When she got done with her song, I went to sit by her.

"That was beautiful." I told her, and she looked up at me a little embarrassed. I just smiled wider and continued. "I'm serious. That song was beautiful."

"Thanks." She replied after a moment.

"Did you write it yourself?"

"Uh, yeah, I did. I've been making changes every once in a while." She set her guitar back in the case and stood up. I followed suit.

"Well it was really good. My name's Lucas, by the way, but everyone calls me Luke." I held out my hand for her to shake and she just looked at it. I shook it slightly and she blushed and took my hand. It was weird, but I felt a funny feeling in my hand. I just brushed it off.

"Brooke."

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Brooke. How would you like to get lunch with me sometime?" I tried. I know I just met her, but I think we could hit it off.

"Um, yeah sure, I guess." She looked a little hesitant.

"Don't worry, it's just lunch."

"Okay. When?" We started to walk towards the street, where I'm guessing her car was parked.

"I'm free now! How about now?" I asked, hopeful. I saw her smile small.

"Well, yes I am. Let me just call my mom and tell her I'll be a little later, so not to pick me up." She pulled out her phone and set her case down.

"You don't have a car?" I asked and looked around. I spotted my gray Nissan Sentra parked about a half a block away.

"No, not yet. Not until I start school, then I get one."

"Oh I see." I wonder where she goes to school.

"Hi mom," Brooke said into the phone. "It went good. I got a few people to stop, and thankfully, no one gave me money..... Yeah, you know me..... Well actually, I was just calling to tell you not to pick me up yet..... I'm going to lunch with someone..... Yes it was someone who stopped..... No mom, he's not a serial rapist. At least I hope not." She turned and looked at me, with a little bit of hopefulness in her eyes. I think she really hopes I won't kill her. I laughed and shook my head. 'No way.' I mouthed to her. She just smiled. "Don't worry, mom, I'll call when I'm done..... Yes I promise..... Love you too. Bye mom." And she hung up the phone.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yes." I guided her towards my car and put her case in the backseat. I opened the door for her and then got in the drivers seat. The car came to life and off we went.

"So. Where would you like to go?" I asked as we passed some restaurants.

"Actually, I'm new here, so I don't know my way around here very well." She played with her thumbs and looked down at her lap.

"That's alright. Do you like burgers? I know this great burger place just up the street a ways." I looked over at her.

"I like burgers." She said without looking up.