Chapter 13

I walked inside and didn’t see my mother or brothers anywhere so I went upstairs and threw my purse and clothes on my bed. I took my phone and plugged it into my laptop. I scrolled through my documents and found my phone pictures. I looked at the first one and it was a picture of my brothers riding on a merry-go-round. I got a picture of Brett on an alligator and Andrew right next to him on a black bear. They had the widest grins on their faces and all I could do was smile. I looked across my room to the same picture on my nightstand. I look at it every once in a while when I’m having a bad day.

I scrolled down my pictures and found the four Luke and I took today. I looked at the first one of him and I in the blue ball gown and the white suit. I laughed as I remembered how he asked me to dance. It made me think of how I would look with him at prom. I printed it out on this special paper my mom got me that is real picture paper with the glossy front.

The next one was the gray pinstripe and the pink one with the sweetheart neckline. I loved the way that one looked on my body; how it hugged all my curves. So did Luke apparently because he had complimented me on it. I printed that one out as well.

The third picture was the bright blue tux and the green knee-length gown. I laughed again at how tacky we looked. I had this wide grin on and I could tell Luke was trying to hold in his laughter by his facial expression in the picture. I made sure to print that one out too so I can point out his look.

Then I got to last one. Luke had on his black suit and I had the low cut, tight black dress on. I had the silver heels on, but I didn’t look all that much taller compared to Luke. I was pressed into his side and I remember the feeling. It wasn’t quite like how I felt when we kissed, but it was pretty darn close. We were still touching and it was almost like we were one person, that’s how close it was. I remember being disappointed when we went back into our own dressing rooms to change. I wanted that closeness and that feeling of adrenaline back. I’ve never really felt anything like that before. I’ve had my first kiss, but it was nothing like with Luke. The first one at my old school was plain. All it was, was just a peck on the lips and I was a freshman. I thought I liked the guy, but I only like the idea of him.

I printed out two copies of that one so I had a hard copy for myself. I got out a pair of scissors to cut away the extra paper and put the four in my bag for Luke. I went downstairs and found a picture frame to put my picture in. I popped the picture in and set it on my nightstand right next to the picture of my brothers. I went back downstairs and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. Then I heard the front door open.

“I get to take a bath first!” I heard Brett yell.

“No I get to take a bath first!” I heard from Andrew.

“You are both taking a bath at the same time! Now hush!” I heard from my mother. It’s not really weird if they do because Brett is three and Andrew is four. When I actually saw her she had her hands full of grocery bags.

“Let me help you with those, mom.” I said and took some of the bags from her.

“Thank you.” She said.

“I didn’t know you were going to the store or else I would’ve told you I needed more shampoo.”