Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning laying on my stomach, the grass tickling my face. I looked up and saw some kids were already beginning to wake up. I felt something on my back and my legs so I twisted my head as far as it would go and noticed Brooke had her right leg on my back and her whole upper body tangled between my legs. I slowly slid myself out from underneath her and stood up. My head was pounding and I just wanted to sleep more.

I walked into the house and looked around at the mess that was left. A guy fell asleep on the beer pong table, a girl was half on the stereo, and everywhere else people were scattered. I walked over to one of the tables and I saw mine and Brooke's clothes. I picked them up and walked back to where she was still asleep. I passed Damien, Logan, and Kyle on my way back. They must've continued to party by the way they looked. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and it read eight thiry-three. I didn't have any missed calls or messages so my dad probably didn't care where I was.

I sat down next to Brooke and shook her slightly.

"Brooke, it's time to get up." She stirred.

"Ungh." She mumbled and turned over.

"Come on."

"This headache is going to be the death of me." She said and sat up. Then she looked down at herself and back at me. "Where are my clothes?"

"Right here." I passed her clothes over and she quickly pulled them on.

"Why did I have no clothes on?" She asked when she was done.

"You don't remember anything about last night do you?"

"Not a thing."

"Well first, I told you I was going to get wasted and you followed me. Then we played hole in one and you lost all your clothes. The cops showed up and we hid behind a tree until they left. The party went on and we passed out here. You got up four times through the night to piss and you woke me up each time."

"Oh."

"Remember anything?"

"Nope."

"Maybe it'll come to you later. Check your phone for any messages."

"Shit! I forgot to tell my mom." She pulled out her phone.

"Tell your mom what?"

"That I probably wouldn't be coming home last night." She checked her calls and sure enough, three missed calls from her mom.

"Just tell her you forgot."

"She'll want someone more than that. Like why I didn't come home, why I didn't call, and where I stayed."

"You forgot to call because you fell asleep at my house watching a movie after the party and you just woke up." I told her nonchalantly.

"That might work," She said. "I'll try it." She called her mom and told her this whole story about the party ended around eleven and she went back to my house to watch a movie and she accidentally fell asleep, but forgot to call her. I'm guessing her mom believed her because Brooke smiled and said she will be home in a couple hours.

"Did she buy it?" I asked when she hung up.

"Surprisingly, yes. I can't believe she did."

"You're very welcome." I smiled at her.

"Thank you. Now I need to do something about this headache and I need food."

"Do you want to go out to breakfast? I'll buy."

"But what about the other guys? How will they get home?"

"I can just tell them I'll be back later or they can find a different way home. It's no big deal."