Chapter 16

(6th Avenue, New York City, 1:30 PM)

The clear transparent glass showed the crowd flocking in a long queue. It was a book signing of the blue skinned Kree-Englishman who just wrote his newest best selling science fiction novel. Everyone was honored as they received a hardbound copy of his work. Jul-Shek or Julius Caesar Shakespeare gave them a warm smile after he scribbled his dedication and signature at the first blank page of the book.

" Mr. Shakespeare, mind if we can take a picture? " a brunette  lady in her late twenties requested and received the book.

" Of course, " the Kree nodded and stood up beside the woman as she signalled her companions to take a snapshot with the extraterrestial author.

Watching the novelist and his followers flocking and taking pictures, a tall raven haired bespectacled man and his wife who were dressed in black waited in queue for their turn to meet him. The brunette lady thanked him when Julius continued signing for his future readers. Finally, it was the Inhuman couple's turn to receive their copy.

" A pleasant day, sir, madam, " the Kree novelist politely greeted them and opened the book, holding a pen. " Would you like a dedication for this one? "

" No, that's fine, Mr. Shakespeare, " the dark haired man intently smiled and replied, fixing his glasses. " Just sign what you think of. "

Julius curiously cocked his eyebrow and recognized the couple when he was signing at the blank first page of the book. Then, he wrote something in an alien language at the back blank page and gave it to the couple. The blonde Inhuman lady received the book and turned to her spouse, showing the unearthly writings at the book's back part. He nodded in agreement and understood what the secret message meant.

" Thank you, Mr. Shakespeare, " the blonde lady smiled. " We'll wait for you after the book signing. "

" Yes, madam, " Julius nodded.

As they were waiting for him to finish the public book signing, Dr. P and Mrs. Y spent taking their tea and snacks at the bookstore's coffee shop area. They were comfortably  sitting at the chairs. The area was surrounded with figurines of famous anime characters and cute items. The patrons came and went to order and spend eating and relaxing.

Agent Y looked at her husband and curiously asked, " Do you think it's a good idea to meet him in this public place? "

" Well, we forbid not to mention our real business here, " Dr. P replied and took a sip of his matcha tea. " Julius has asked us to meet him here first and visit his apartment in Astoria. "

" That has something to do with his book. "

" I'm glad he made it fictional for his readers. If it weren't that way, he would expose the presence of living extraterrestrials throughout the universe. "

" Right, " she sighed in relief and nodded. " Finally, he did the right thing. "

The Inhuman spouses noticed him coming after he finished his book signing. Julius walked over to them and smiled when they smiled back and offered him a seat.

" Wanna have something to eat or drink? " Dr. P asked and gave him a suggestive look.

" No, thank you, " the novelist responded.

" We're just paying you back, since you have given us the book for free, " Y grinned. " We should say thank you. "

" Oh, my! I'd just don't expect..." Julius shyly smiled and chuckled.