2 - Just a drink

Today I didn't have a soulrider meeting either, thank god. I was already helping Stein out and earlier I got another request to play hide and seek with the twins from the Goldspur Farm. I already did that though before I helped Stein out- weird that I get paid for this.. I guess it counts as babysitting? But the whole day long the circus and todays performance was on my mind.

I was still surprised that Ydris chose me but what I thought about even more was that I have to do something I'm not even that good at infront of many people. I didn't even practice or have a choreography in my mind.

I finished milking the cows and feeding the pigs faster than I expected. I petted one of the pigs before I left. On my way to [H/N] who was looking for some grass at a nearby field I took my phone out. 3:20pm and no new messages. I didn't get many requests recently, it almost made me look forward to druid meetings. But there was still something on my list today - the circus. But it's not evening yet. Weird, Ydris didn't tell me what time I should be there, but now was definitely too early.

Only thinking about performing infront of a crowd sent shivers down my spine. I was way too nervous! Maybe I should get a drink and watch some videos of rhythmic gymnastics. I got on [H/N] back even though it wasn't far to the cafe in Jarlaheim.

As I sat down on the chair I immediately took out my phone to watch the videos. This kinda gave me an idea of what I could do. [H/N] neighed a few steps away as if he/she laughed at me.

"What? It might not be practicing but looking at this gives me a better feeling"

I didn't notice that the waitress was already here, standing on the opposite side I looked at, she almost made me jump. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow, probably wondering why I'm talking to my horse. Wait right, I'm supposed to say something right now.

"I will take something,, uh strong."

My face heated up, I really am bad at words and an idiot in general, I forgot to look what drinks they had.. what I said didn't even make sense. I hope she asks me again or at least brings me a coffee or something. But she just looked at me confused and left, I should have corrected her. She probably thinks I'm a weirdo now. It didn't take too long until she came back with a drink.

"Here you go" she said with an unsure look.

"Thanks" It didn't look anything like coffee but what can I do. I took a sip, my eyes widened and I almost coughed. Alcohol. I'm not used to drink that. But some people feel more relaxed and comfortable when drinking it so it might help calm me down? Let's give it a try even though it tastes bad.

After I drank the whole thing- whatever that was- I hopped on to [H/N]s back, now it was already 4:35pm and it will still take some time to get to Nilmers Highland. After watching those videos and having a drink I felt less anxious.

-time skip-

When I arrived at the circus, I mounted [H/N] to a wooden pole. He/she neighed "I'm not gonna run away you know" "Yeah but it might look weird when people arrive and you just stand there on your own"

I couldn't see Ydris anywhere so I went inside the big tent.

"Hello my dove"

"Dove?!" I said without thinking, usually I'm someone who would have kept quiet.

"Yes, because you came flying back to me"

So this was like a nickname I guess? I started blushing. The alcohol made me perceive everything a bit different. I hoped that I won't get dizzy while performing, but I felt quite alright for now.

"Are you ok [Y/N]?"

Ok maybe I'm a bit slow, it seems like I've just been staring at him since he last spoke.

"Yes, sorry. That nickname uhh.. it's nice.." Not even alcohol could help me with my stammering. I wasn't even sure if that's what I wanted to say. Do I even like that name? Dove... mhhh. Maybe.. having someone again wouldn't be too bad.. a boyf-- nonono, what is the alcohol doing to me.. although..

Ydris touched my shoulder and I almost flinched since I was lost in my thoughts... again.

"Let's get you backstage, the show will start soon"

---Author note---

I hope you liked the first two chapters :) I will release chapters every wednesday and saturday. And since I already wrote the whole thing you won't have to worry about the story being unfinished and not getting updated anymore :D There are 28 chapters in total