Chapter Fourteen - "We need to talk."

*WARNING! A TINY MENTION OF ABUSE AND RAPE IN THIS CHAPTER. I MEAN, IT'S ONLY A SMALL PART BUT I WILL STILL PUT A WARNING FOR PEOPLE WHO MAY BE EASILY TRIGGERED.*

Madeline spent the next few days with her father because for the next week or so he'd be working all day shifts and they'd hardly see each other. She asked him a little bit about her grandmother, and he was curious what brought it up, but he mentioned that he had a few pictures up in the attic and a journal from her time in the asylum. Maddie made a mental note to find them out later.

During the time she spent at home, when she wasn't entirely focused on her father, she was texting her Mates and calling them, wanting to check in and make sure everything was alright. Maddie missed her Mates despite it not being that long since she last saw them.

But she was going to see them the next day, after her father went the work. So, she had that to look forward to.

The strawberry blonde texted her Mates, Caroline and Rebekah a 'goodnight' text before she cuddled up underneath the covers. Her eyes closed and she soon fell asleep, being enveloped by a good dream she wished would never end.

Madeline's eyes opened and she looked around her to see she was in the kitchen in the Mikaelson Manor. She was stood in the doorway, and she looked forward to see Finn and Nik stood by the stove, cooking something. Elijah was sat at the island, reading a book but Kol was nowhere to be seen.

The McCall girl jumped slightly when she felt arms wrapping around her waist. She turned her head to see Kol and she relaxed in his embrace.

"Hello, My Darling." Kol greeted.

"Hello." Maddie giggled softly.

"Oh, Maddie!" The McCall looked up to see Nik now looking at her. "Come, sit. Breakfast is almost ready."

Madeline and Kol made their way to the island. Maddie sat down beside Elijah, but Kol stood behind her, his arms still wrapped around her waist. The strawberry blonde reached out and put a hand on Elijah's knee, making him look up from his book and smile at her.

He closed his book and placed it down to the side of him before picking up the hand Maddie put on his knee and brought it up to his lips. He kissed the back of it before intertwining his fingers with hers.

"Good morning, My Dear." Elijah greeted.

"Morning Eli," Maddie said back. "What's the plan for today?"

"We are going to stay inside all day and do absolutely nothing." The Noble Original answered.

"Sounds wonderful." Madeline smiled brightly.

Just then, a plate of pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs was placed in front of her. She looked up to see it was Finn who gave it to her. Maddie smiled softly up at him.

"Thank you, Finn. This smells delicious." She complimented.

"You're welcome, My Sweets." Finn smiled at her.

Madeline happily dug into her breakfast, happily scoffing it down like she hadn't eaten in years. After a few minutes, her plate was empty, and Klaus picked it up before placing it in the sink. She smiled at her Mates, who only smiled back at her.

"You guys aren't having anything?" Maddie asked, noticing how she was the only one who had food put in front of her.

"Oh, we have something else in mind," Kol spoke, his breath making goosebumps rise on her neck.