Chapter 18

Due to Hadley admitting the actual truth of why she's been mean to Maire, the team lose their respect and trust for Hadley. Coach Jill suspends Hadley for half of their games, since she can't trade Hadley for another player.

While walking in the hallway, Maire then finally decides to talk to Hadley and tells Coach Jill about it.

Coach Jill then looks at Maire, after she told her that she wanted to talk to Hadley.

"Are you sure that you want to talk to her?" said Coach Jill, as tells Maire. "Even after what she did."

"Yes," said Maire, as she looked at Coach Jill. "Please Coach, I need to hear it for myself."

Coach Jill then sighs.

"Come with me." said Coach Jill, as she stood up from her seat and headed straight to the door, as Maire was following her. "Hadley is in her room. We had to change Nora into a different room. Since Nora can't even see her when she's around, because she has said various of times that she was going to cause a fight. If she does."

As Coach Jill and Maire were walking in the hallway, they then stopped right in front of Hadley's room door. Coach Jill then knocks on the door, and Hadley opens it.

"Yes?" said Hadley, as she opens the door wide enough and sees Coach Jill and Maire.

"Maire, wants to talk to you." said Coach Jill, as she looks at Hadley.

"Okay, you can come in-" said Hadley, before she was cut off by Coach Jill.

"Because of what you did to Maire the other day. The two of you will have to talk under my supervision." said Coach Jill, as she looked at Hadley. "We are going to go to the Meeting room, so that the two of you can talk there." 

Hadley then nods, and closes the door, after she steps out of her room. She later heads down the meeting room first, with Coach Jill and Maire following her. Once arriving at the meeting room, Coach Jill then tells both Maire and Hadley to sit in the front, as she sits in a few rows behind them.

"You can begin." said Coach Jill, as she looked at both Hadley and at Maire, who were sitting in seats across from each other.

"So, what, do you want to talk about?" said Hadley, as she looks at Maire.

"I wanted to talk about it. Why? Why, are you mean to me?" said Maire, as she looked at Hadley. "What did I ever do to you? All I wanted to do was to befriend you. And the reason why I wanted to talk to you, was to see where I went wrong. Or what did I do wrong?" 

"You don't know, do you." said Hadley, as she looks at Maire.

"No, I don't," said Maire, as she looked at Hadley. "Can you please help me understand why you hate me so much?"

Hadley then sighs and looks down at the carpet.

"I wasn't always like this, bossy, or mean. I was nice, and very kind to those around me." said Hadley, as she continued. "That all changed until I heard that the USWNT decided to let a lucky fan play with them and train with them. I was already in a soccer club, before the ticket came out. I was the best of the very best, and good skills with the ball. However, until one day... We went to the grocery store to buy some things. And to be honest, I know you, but you don't know me."

"Wait, a minute. What do you mean, by that you know me, but I don't know you?" said Maire, as she looks at Hadley with a confused look. "I don't know someone with the name of Hadley. In fact, I never knew you before. Or ever seen you around." 

Hadley then looks up, and looks at Maire.

"Like I said, you don't know me, but I do know you. From afar." said Hadley, as she continued. "I live around the same area as you. And you were there also, you were in that one same store as me. And I didn't notice you until... you got the cereal, and left with it."