Chapter 11

Nazeer was sitting in the room all by himself. He waited quietly and acted like he didn't care what would happen. Truthfully though, he didn't want to think about what would happen. Kai had stayed in the room for a little while and tried to make Nazeer feel better, but left since it was clear that he wasn't going to get anywhere.

Nazeer was bored out of his mind not knowing what to do. His nerves were on fire just waiting for something to happen to him. He wished he could run just like he did before back at home. Eventually he decided to get out of the castle and take a walk. As much as he wanted to look for the crown from his dreams, he didn't want to snoop around and look suspicious. So he decided to go to the courtyard and just walk around. It wasn't the same as running through the tall grass back at home, but it would have to do for now.

Nazeer figured that making it down to the courtyard should've been easy, all he had to do was go down stairs until he mad it to the bottom, boy was he was wrong. After many wrong turns, bumping into various people and animals, stepping on the tails of various animals, and finally giving up and asking for directions from the other Greencloaks, he made it out to the courtyard. 

Even with the countless number of merchant stalls around the courtyard, there was still plenty of space. The problem, there were as many people outside as there was inside. Nazeer decided to make his way to the docks since the courtyard was littered with people. It was fairly easy finding the docks thanks to the giant ships the Greencloaks had. Thankfully there wasn't much people there.

He was immersed in his thoughts and wasn't watching where he was going until he bumped into someone. Both he and the man fell down with a grunt. Nazeer rubbed his head and looked at the man. He was Amayan with tousled dark brown hair and eyes with the same color. He had a greencloak on like everyone else, but it was stained, wrinkled, and dirty. There were multiple patches sown into it like the cloak was constantly used and had gone through an entire lifetime. Nazeer wondered why it looked like that. Suddenly Nazeer remembered what happened.

"Sorrysorry" he said trying to get his apology. "I wasn't watching where I was going." The man laughed at how frantic Nazeer face.

"It's fine. You don't need to act so apologetic. Accidents happen."

"Uhh, yeah, okay? We're good, right?" Nazeer was lost on what to do. Usually if he bumped into someone back in his village, well the outcome wasn't something desirable.

"So what takes you out here?" the man asked. 

"Just wanted some peace and quiet. The castle gets pretty...

"Overwhelming? Usually the new recruits we have are exploring the castle."

"What are you doing out here?" Nazeer asked. 

"Well, my spirit animal likes to fly around by herself, do whatever she wants. I don't really care since in a way I'm a lot like her" he said. The man mumbled something but Nazeer couldn't make it out. Something about leadership. 

Nazeer just nodded his head really knowing what to say. They spent a few minutes in silence walking until he heard Kai yelling. "Nazeer! Where in Tellun's name are you!" At the same time a bird came into his view which Nazeer recognized as as Hanza, Kai's spirit animal. Immediately Hanza had started to peck him, just like the first time they met.

"Ow! Hey!" Nazeer was trying to swat Hanza but the bird kept moving around making it impossible. Eventually Kai saw what was happening and rushed over to him.

"Where... were..... you? Mei.... lin.... needs.... to.... talk.... with..... you." Immediately Nazeer remembered the conversation Meilin had with him before he was sent to his room. 

"Oh, yeah," Nazeer said slowly, "about that, I completely forgot." Kai glared at him, but his panting ruined the effect.

"Um, am I interrupting something?" the man asked. Nazeer had completely forgotten about the man that he crashed into. Kai looked up at the man and his face immediately went slack.

"Oh, um, uh, yeah... I'm..... fine."

"I hadn't even asked anything." Kai grabbed Nazeer's hand and tried to pull him along, and fail all the while ignoring what the man said. 

"MeilinneedstotalkwithNazeer" Kai said in a hurry. Nazeer was wondering why Kai was acting so weird around the man until Kai pulled his hand again causing Nazeer to stumble. "Come on." 

Nazeer sighed and ran along with him. He looked back at the man and saw that he smirking. "See you later Nazeer" the man said. Nazeer turned around and focused on Kai and where he was going, his thoughts turning somber remembering what he had done.

Time to get kicked out of Greenhaven he thought.