Chapter 14

Nazeer and Kai woke up the next day to someone pounding the door to their room. That somebody turned out to be Meilin.

"Both of you, get up." Nazeer looked out the window and saw that the sun had barely came out yet.

"Where are we going?" Kai asked groggily.

"Kinta didn't give you the message?" Meilin asked. Nazeer was still in bed pretending to be asleep when in reality he was awake. "You guys are supposed to be at the docks" Kai groaned as soon as he heard the word docks.

"We're supposed to clean the ships aren't we." Meilin nodded.

"Get there quick." Meilin closed the door and left. Nazeer got up from the bed and went to the door.

"Aren't you going to change?"

"Don't need to. I don't have a lot of clothes anyway."

"Do you know the way to the docks?"

"Yeah I went there before I know the way." Nazeer left the room and started walking to the docks. Nazeer found it extremely quiet ever since he arrived at the castle. "It's barely sunrise nobody is going to be up at this time," Nazeer thought to himself. Nazeer kept walking and eventually got to the courtyard. Remembering the route he took yesterday he began to walk to the dock.

Nazeer looked at the many boats and ships lining the dock. They were in all different shapes and sizes. Nazeer didn't know which ship he was supposed to go to, so he walked around for a bit until he saw a familiar face.

"Ah Nazeer, how are you doing? Are you here to clean the ships? Meilin told me that 2 boys were coming to help."

"Yeah it's me and Kai." Kyle nodded his head and turned to the ship.

"Sheesh you have such bad luck. You should've asked her for a different assignment." Kyle shook his head, "you had such a hard time swabbing the deck when we were coming here."

Nazeer shuddered remembering the boat ride to Greenhaven. Suddenly a thought came to Nazeer. 

"Is this the same ship we used when we were going to Greenhaven?"

"No this is a different one. But the one we came on is over there." Kyle pointed his finger over to the right and Nazeer saw the huge boat that carried him to Greenhaven.

"Well you should get on the boat and we'll wait for your buddy there. "Go below deck and get the bucket and mops once you get on. I'll come up behind you to catch you in case you fall off." Nazeer rolled his eyes at the joke and walked up the ramp with Kyle behind him.

Nazeer did as he was told and went below deck to get the mops and bucket. When he came back he saw that Kai had arrived at the boat.

"Alright your task is to mop the entire boat. Nothing else. Once you finish you can go back."

"You can't be serious" Nazeer complained. "This boat is probably bigger than a Great Beast. You expect two people to mop up the entire place?"

"First of all, this isn't big the Great Beasts are way bigger than this. Second if you're not happy I can have you do all the ships if that's what you want." Nazeer and Kai looked at each other and immeditaley understood what to do. 

"We'll clean the ship" the two boys said simultaneously. They went to work and Nazeer started to feel that his luck was about to run out real soon.