Chapter ♡ 11

A month after

Monae's POV 💙

Waking up, I hissed from the ache in my body due to me falling asleep on the floor again. Getting up I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked like hell.

My face and eyes were swollen from crying myself to sleep. Undressing, I stepped into the shower and tears came to my eyes.

God, I'm pathetic.

Turning off the water, I stepped out of the shower and opened the cupboard door taking out my old friend. As I stood there, staring at the razor in my hand, i felt sick thinking about how far I've came and how everyone would be disappointed in me, but I couldn't stop myself. "He was right, I really am worthless" I said to myself as I made the first cut on the inside of my arm as a euphoric feeling rushed through me. I felt better after I was finished cleaning and dressing the wounds, and I exited the bathroom to get dressed. I had to go to the bakery to go over some final adjustments for the hotel opening.

Picking up my phone I saw I had missed calls and messages from both Cairo and Ryah again, I already told him I just wanted some space and we'll talk when I'm ready, sighing, I video called Ryah back.

"Monae.." she stressed "why won't you tell me what's wrong? We're all beginning to get worried" she stated as the call connected.

"All you do is go to the bakery and lock yourself in the office then when you get home you turn off your phone, you haven't even been seeing Delia".

"Nothing is wrong Ry, I told you that. I just want to make sure everything turns out great that's why I've been so busy" I lied not looking at her.

"Really? Then why can't you look at me Mo? You think I don't know when you're lying"

"It's nothing Ryah, I'm just tired. I call you later" I ended the call before she could respond.

I just wanted to stay in bed as usual today.

An hour later.

Pulling up in front of the bakery I sat in the car a couple of minutes before getting out. Walking through the door I saw Adriana and Antonio talking as usual.

"Good morning, I'll be in the office for most of the day, I'm not accepting any visitors today other than Mr. King's assistant who should stop by around 2 pm . Please show her the way when she gets here" I muttered to them ignoring their concerned faces as I continued walking. Entering the office I closed and locked the door, turning off my phone.

Ma'ryah's POV

"Hi, I can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message".. I was greeted by Mo's voicemail again.

Ughhh.. shoving the phone in my bag I got out of the car heading into the bakery. I know something happened between her and Cairo that night but they both refused to tell me anything.

I hope he didn't fuck shit up.

Opening the door, I saw Adri and Nique serving customers, so I continued to the back.

"Mo?" I called out and waited for a response but got nothing, stepping closer I rested my head on the door.

"Monae, I know something happened and you're not ready to tell me" I sighed "I'm sorry if I was trying to force it out of you. Just know I'm here whenever you're ready to talk, I love you" After a few seconds of not hearing a reply, I turned to leave.