Chapter ♡ 30

Gio's POV

After leaving the hospital, I drove around for a while trying to calm my head.

Was he telling the truth or just trying to get me riled up?

Numerous questions ran through my head, but I knew the only person that could give me the answers that I needed was back at the hospital.

Monae's POV

As Gio stood at the door staring intently at me, I couldn't help but grip Nasir's hand.

"We need to talk Monae" he stated, and I nodded. Glancing at Nasir, he nodded in understanding as he got up and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I'll be outside if you need me" he stated, and I gave him a small smile in return, and he left the room.

Taking the seat Nasir was in, Gio just sat there staring at me for a few seconds before I decided to speak up.

"Gi-"

"How are you feeling?" he asked cutting me off.

"I'm feeling ok, just a little pain now and then" I answered sitting up straighter and he nodded. "Gio, I didn't want you finding out like this" I told him.

"You didn't want me finding out like this or you didn't want me finding out at all?"

"I-"

"Why didn't you tell me? Is it because you were fuvking him too? Then you made me think it was mine and that it died!!" he shouted, and I flinched.

"I-I... I didn't fuvk your father Gio" I looked at him with tears in my eyes "He raped me, and it hurts to know you think I would have done something like that" I told him, and his face softened.

"Mo-"

"This is why I didn't tell you back then, you would have never taken my word for it!!" I exclaimed "You were always looking for Giovanni's approval, and we both know he didn't give a fuvk about you then, he was just concerned about what you could do for him!!".

"I would have never fitted into your fuvked up family Gio, and I wasn't about to let my child be apart of it either. I'm sorry that I said it was yours, and I'm sorry that I made you think I lost the baby but I did what I had to do to protect him from your father and I'm not about to let anyone make me feel bad about that".

"Fenice, perdonami per favor (phoenix, forgive me please), I should have been there for you" he says taking my hand "I was so concerned with getting his approval I couldn't see what was happening in front of me and you got hurt in the process".

"It's fine Gio, we all have done things we aren't proud of but it's in the past".

"Don't you want him close now that Giovanni is gone?"

"No, I know he's safe and with a family that loves him and I'm ok with that" I gave him a smile and he nodded.

"I'll always be here for you Fenice"

"I know".

Nasir's Pov

The door opening took my attention away from my phone as Costa exited the room.

"Take care of her King" was all he said before walking away.

I will.

Entering the room, I saw Monae had a somber look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked rushing to her.

Shaking her head, she gave me a small smile "I know he's going to look for him, it's his brother after all. I just hope he respects my wishes of not wanting him to grow up in that lifestyle" she said laying back down.