Chapter Thirty Five - Training

You had woken up and decided that you needed to hone your abilities. You were reminded of how tired you were from using your powers on your most recent mission, and decided that that needed to change. Besides, training would serve as an excellent distraction from your feelings.

Crawling out of bed, you set your guitar down and got ready for the day. You quickly bid Thor a good morning while he played Fortnite on the television, a console hooked up. Throwing him a plate of ham and eggs, you brought two plates over to Loki's room.

"Good morning," you cheered, setting down the plates, 'You look tired," you pointed out as Loki sat slumped in the corner. He shifted uncomfortably when you brought this up but quickly regained his composure.

"Maybe god's need some rest after all," he chuckled, delightedly digging into his meal. You returned the laughter, finishing your breakfast in a matter of minutes.

"I'm going to go train today," you let him know, getting up to leave.

"In the gym? Shall I come with you?" He offered.

"Not the gym," you hesitated, "I'm going to practice using my decaying and healing powers on a few potted plants repeatedly until I get tired. Then I'll add more plants after a couple of sets; that way over time, I will get tired less from using my powers. "

"So, I can't watch?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes you can," you finally answered his question, "But from a distance - for your safety."

"I'm sure I'll be just fine," he sighed as the two of you left to find potted plants. Thankfully, Tony had Amazon Prime and it came fairly quickly. Texting him for permission to order, he replied with a thumbs-up emoji and quote: 'Order an entire jungle if you want. I can afford it.' You rolled your eyes despite knowing that he couldn't see you.

Loki carried six pots for you while you carried another six. Swinging your hips against the push door, you forced the gym door open, holding it with your foot so Loki could step in as well. Once he had walked through, you shut the door behind you and set the plants down in a circle. What you hadn't expected was Thor in the gym, lifting weights.

"What are the two of you doing here?" Thor asked, walking over and eyeing the plants in disarray, "Gardening in...the training grounds?"

"I am training," you sighed.

"For some sort of gardening competition?" Thor went on.

"No, I will be training my magic," you crossed your arms and tried not to laugh despite finding his comments humourous,  "I suggest the two of you step back - just in case."

"Don't have to tell me twice," Thor walked back to where he was working out across the room. Loki followed his lead, looking back at you.

With the two brothers doing their own thing, you could concentrate. Sitting in the centre of the circle of plants with your eyes closed, you exhaled deeply and focused on letting out your decaying magic in a specific amount that only affected that circle. Once you had got the hang of that, you began to practice decaying then healing, decaying and healing, and so forth.

Opening your right eye, you took a small peak to see what the brothers (more so Loki) were doing. You caught him staring at you from across the room, making you flustered as you wondered how long he'd been staring. This small moment of being giddy caused you to mess up with your healing process, the plants surrounding you blooming into different kinds of flowers.

Shit. That's embarrassing. Hopefully, he doesn't think that was a mistake.

He had totally noticed, silently laughing to himself from across the room. With your hearing, you were able to pick up on it, the elvish ears twitching at the sound. The heat in your face rose to these very ears, the tips of them turning red.