Chapter Twenty Two - The Mission (Cont.)

Author's note: I can't believe I separated these two chapters smh but the first one was already edging onto 2700 words and I didn't want it to be too long so, here u go loves <3 Enjoy reading !!

--------

Returning to your little stage, you gave the tracklist a small glance. You were to sing for another two hours until the event was over; the mission was behind order, for the target refused to take the bait. He was after you, and he wouldn't be able to 'have' you until after the event.

At last, you could stop singing. As you left the small stage, people began to file out and leave. Mr. Meyer made his way towards you, a drink in hand.

"Why hello there," he said, "I've been meaning to talk to you all night."

At a closer inspection, he was actually quite good-looking for his age. He was apparently around his forties to fifties.

"You have?" you asked, playing coy.

He let out a small chuckle, reaching for your hand to kiss it. You let him, observing Loki - or rather 'Tom' - from the corner of your eye. A look of disapproval was on his face, but you couldn't decode why. You looked back to the target, who was now talking to you again.

"What's your name, sweetheart?"

"Charlotte Eclair," you lied, saying your stage name for the night.

"Well, Charlotte, you looked stunning performing tonight," he continued to shower you in compliments, "I was wondering if you were available tonight, for a private performance, of course." He gave you a wink and you had to hold in your disgust.

"Where to?" you asked, forcing a flirtatious smile on your face.

You and Meyer walked past Natasha who gave you a subtle nod. The target was talking to you as you walked to his hotel room.

"I just got a good business opportunity, so I'm in quite a good mood tonight," he went on.

"Congratulations," you smiled, not asking any further as to what the opportunity was.

"You know, I like women like you," Gunter spoke with a wide smile, "Not too much talking, just sitting down and lookin' pretty."

You gave him a sweet smile, trying to not punch his lights out in the hallway.

God, I wish this fucker would shut up already.

He opened the door to his room, gesturing for you to enter first. The room was classy - as expected for $2580 per night. The King-sized bed had a cream headboard with golden ornate borders. The curtains, chaises, and tables all glistened in a shade of gold. This entire room just screamed 'I am richer than you'll ever be.'

'Still doesn't beat my room back on Ehiria,' you thought, giving yourself a small, smug smile.

Meyer locked the door, walking closer and closer to you.

"So sweetheart, what about that performance of yours?"

It took everything in you to not kick him in the balls right now. Taking in a deep breath, you used your charm.

"Fall asleep," you spoke, not breaking eye contact.

With that, he stumbled onto the bed, completely knocked out.

"I wonder how long that'll last for," Loki spoke from the corner of the room, still appearing as Tom. He moved from out of the shadows and towards you.

"How long have you been standing there?" you asked with a laugh. You hadn't even noticed he followed the two of you in.

"Long enough. He's quite distasteful, isn't he?" Loki said, lightly kicking Gunter's ankle.