Chapter Five - The Investigation

Nick Fury was in quite the pickle.

He had received word of a murder case. Of course, these happened all the time and he found it to be quite underwhelming, almost speaking out on how they should leave it to the police - until magic was mentioned. Magic that had never been seen before.

He had taken over the case, examining the two decayed bodies that were brought in. Leftover vines were brought in as well. An Agent had accidentally pricked himself with a thorn and immediately began to convulse. After treating him and examining the poison, they saw that it was comparable to that of Deadly Nightshade - to an extreme. An autopsy was done on the two men's corpses. It was a morbid sight. They were able to detect poison and lingering magic that had caused the bodies to decay at a rapid rate. Claw-like marks were found digging into each man's throat. They were much longer than a human's nail, remnants of the nail's fibre were found in one man's neck. Taking this remnant they did tests that concluded that this being was not human, despite there being five claw marks with a distance similar to that of one.

After a deeper, thorough investigation of events that occurred in that neighbourhood, they saw another murder case that had happened only hours prior. An old man by the name of Gregory Durham was stabbed in the side and bled to death as the suspects ran off. It was a robbery and a murder. A twenty-year-old woman who claimed to be his adoptive granddaughter was questioned. She had apparently been gone for a music performance and came home to see him dying. Images of the performance were pulled up as proof. She had (s/c) toned skin, (h/l) (h/c) hair, and (e/c) eyes. In the images, she was holding an electric guitar and singing into the mic, her expression vibrant and full of energy.

Staring at the image of the woman, Fury looked over to Agent Hill.

"Get me more information on this girl. Bring up her files."

"Yes sir."

Nothing. Absolutely nothing on her other than her name. No banking records, no passport, no papers of citizenship, not even a goddamn birth certificate.

"(Y/N) (L/N)..." Fury repeated your name while heading over to his desk.

It couldn't possibly be related to that.

He looked over to the wormhole event that had opened up six years ago. A portal had opened and disappeared just as fast as it came right by the outskirts of Brooklyn. With no explanation or immediate issue, Fury had almost forgotten that it had happened.

"Six years ago.." he muttered, looking over to read over the papers, looking for any information on when Gregory had 'adopted' (Y/N). He lightly threw his fist on the table.

Six years ago.

Fury rubbed the temple of his forehead, wondering how this could possibly slip by him.

"Sir, one of the men was found to have a stab wound." Agent Hill walked in, delivering a folder filled with autopsy images and files.

"Where?"

"On his side, sir."

Looking over the autopsy images, Fury was able to piece two and two together. It was in the same spot Gregory Durham was stabbed. It was a revenge plot.

That being said, there was no guarantee that this woman wouldn't act out violently again. She was a potential threat - with abilities like that she could easily cause a major issue.

"Call the Avengers in for a meeting. I have something I need to discuss with them. Set up a group meeting for tomorrow at 2 p.m."

Agent Hill nodded in response.