5.1 Starstruck

Part Two: Prae finds out

"You won't believe what just happened, Prae."

"Ugh, I'm already tired from last night, and we had to attend class at 8 AM. What the hell, Kong?" Prae nearly staggered on the sidewalk as they walked to the cafeteria. The open area now in sight as the busy stream of students were buzzing from ordering, Kongpob halted her steps, "What, Kongpob?"

"Last night!" He exclaimed, and Prae lifted a brow.

"Was the concert, yes."

"I mean, last night, after we parted ways," Kongpob paused, feeling the excitement and jitters overwhelm him as he struggled to say the next words.

"Spit it out. I'm already starving."

"I met Arthit."

"You met Arthit? I didn't know that was a common name," Prae was still unimpressed.

"It isn't. Because I met the person who you came for the concert last night, the Arthit," Kongpob said, firmer this time. Determined to make her believe him.

"Kong now is not the time to make jokes, now if you'll excuse me I'll go on to buy that pork curry in the stall," she shrugged and made her way away from him. Kongpob was dumbfounded at her reaction and started to follow her.

Starting to catch up to her, and hurriedly purchasing his lunch, he went to the table they usually sat where Prae was happily eating, unbothered.

"I'm serious."

"Shut up, Kong. Let me eat in peace," she continued to eat her food. as Kongpob facepalmed himself.

"I met Arthit last night after we parted ways. We met at the small kiosk, he sat on the same booth as me," Kongpob tried to explain, and Prae just raised another unimpressed eyebrow at him.

"Oh, I get it."

"What?" Kongpob looked at her and his guess is that his message did not come across that well, "You're playing a prank on me because I dragged you into the concert."

"Oh my god," the male banged his head on the table, exasperated.

Kongpob knew it wouldn't go through her thick skull if he didn't resort to bigger actions, and if needed be, he should have done it in the first place. Pulling out his phone from his pocket, he dialed a phone number he has already saved since last night.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Arthit, right?" Kongpob asked, and Prae's full attention was now all on him as she watched him carefully.

"Yes, this is Kongpob, right? I know your voice," Kongpob on the other end of the call felt his ears flushing as he heard Arthit's voice, a lot warmer than usual. But he was always warm to him.

"Right. Um, remember that friend I told you who was a big fan of yours, and I was encouraged to accompany her?"

"Yep, why?"

"Well, she's with me right now. I was wondering if you could say hi to her? She's very doubtful of me," he sent a sharp look to the girl beside him whose jaw is now on the floor.

"Uh, okay. Sure!"

Kongpob gave his phone to Prae, looking so frozen with her eyes bulging out of her sockets as she put the phone to her ear, "H-Hello?"

"Hi! I'm Arthit. I don't know how I can prove it to you but Kongpob is telling the truth!"

"..."