i. hey, back off my sister

Harlow and Julie Gaffney stepped off the plane in Minnesota

Harlow and Julie Gaffney stepped off the plane in Minnesota. They walked into the crowded airport and saw a man with a sign that said 'the Gaffney twins' on it. The girls quickly grabbed their suitcases off the conveyer belt and walked over the the man. "Hello, I'm Don Tibbles for Hendrix Hockey Apparel." He said, holding out his hand. "And I don't care." Harlow said, not bothering to shake his hand. "I'm Julie, and this is Harlow." Julie said, shaking his hand. "Alright, well let's go. We'll take you back to the hotel where you'll meet the rest of your new teammates, and then we'll go and meet the Ducks."

Mr Tibbles led them through the airport and to a fancy limo. He held the door open for them after another man took their bags and put them in the trunk. "Hey, be careful with that." Harlow yelled after the man almost dropped her hockey bag. She glared at him as she got into the limo after her sister. "You've gotta start being nicer to people." Julie said, but Harlow just ignored it. Mr Tibbles got in the limo and the driver started driving to the hotel. "Here's your room key." He said, handing it to Harlow. Julie reached over and snatched it out of her hands. "You'd probably lose it." "Bitch."

                                                                                                ***

They pulled up to the hotel and they all quickly got out. The girls grabbed their bags from the trunk. Harlow didn't trust the driver to do it. "Go and put your bags in your room and then meet us in the lobby." Mr Tibbles told them. Harlow rolled her eyes and started walking towards the elevator with Julie hot on her heels. They got in and Harlow pressed the button for the third floor. The doors closed and Julie turned to her younger twin.

"Can you at least try to be nice to people while we're here?" She asked. "No promises." Harlow responded. Julie huffed. After a short, but awkward, ride, they elevator finally reached the third floor. The twins walked to their room and Julie unlocked the door. Julie carefully placed her bags in the corner while Harlow just threw them next to one of the beds. Julie sighed. "Let's go." She said, grabbing her hockey bag. Harlow grabbed hers and the two went back downstairs to the lobby.

They reached the lobby after another awkward silence filled elevator ride. They started walking towards where Mr Tibbles was with a boy with a cowboy hat, a small, Asian kid, a Hispanic boy, and another tall, buff guy. Harlow smirked when she noticed him. Another enforcer, just like her. And a hot one at that. She was definitely gonna have fun on this trip. "Alright, now that everyone here, lets start with some introductions. Girls, this is Dwayne, Ken, Luis, and Dean. Boys, this is Julie and Harlow." Mr Tibble said. "Hi." Julie said. "Sup." Harlow said. "Nice tattoo." Dean said, looking down at Harlow's arm.

" Dean said, looking down at Harlow's arm

"Thanks." Harlow said. Dean took off his leather jacket. "Check this out." He said, gesturing to the tattoo on his upper arm. "Dude, that is sick." Harlow said as she looked at the skull and hockey sticks. She placed her hand on his arm to get a closer look, but to also feel his muscles. The two stared at each other for a moment. Harlow smirked and looked away. "Woah, you're the Wolverine." Luis said, staring at the dark haired girl in awe.

"Sure am." Harlow said, winking at him. "Why do they call you that, ma'am?" Dwayne asked. "Who you calling ma'am, cowboy?" Harlow asked. "Uh..." She smirked again. "They call me that because I once got into a fight and clawed a guy's face open." She explained. They all looked pretty frightened, except for Dean. "I like you already." He said to her. "I like you too." Harlow responded.

Julie was shocked. Her sister didn't like people that much, especially people she had just met. Mr Tibbles clapped his hands. "Alright, let's go and meet the Ducks." He said. "Wolverine, you're with me." Dean said, winking at her. "Don't mind if I do." She said as she grabbed her hockey bag and followed him out the door and to the limo.

                                                                                             ***

The group of six skated out onto the ice with Harlow in between Julie and Dean. "Tell me about my new kids." Their new coach, Gordon Bombay, said. "That's Luis Mendoza." Mr Tibbles said and they all moved out of the way so that Luis could show off his skills. He was a real speedster. He skated around the rink before slamming into the boards. They all skated over to him. "That was hilarious." Harlow said. "I almost had it that time." He said as he stood up.

"Yeehaw! How is everyone? Y'all ready to play some puck?" Dwayne shouted out as he skated to the middle of rink. "There's Harlow 'Wolverine' Gaffney. She spends more time in the box than on the ice. A real firecracker." Mr Tibbles said as Harlow slammed Dwayne up against the boards. She looked over to the Ducks who watched her in awe. She took off her helmet, and popped her gum, winking at them.

"And there's her twin sister, Julie 'The Cat'." Julie got in the net as the girl from the Ducks started shooting at her. She blocked every shot. "Good job, sissy." Harlow said as the girl went back to her own side and Ken skated forwards. "Wow, you're actually being nice for once." Julie said. "I can be nice when I want to." Harlow said, smiling at her sister.

They both looked up when they heard metal music playing. Dean came skating on the ice while singing. He pushed down three of the Ducks before going over to Dwayne. "C'mon, Tex. Sing it with me!" He shouted. Dwayne just shook his head in fright. He pushed over more Ducks before throwing his stick to Harlow. "Here you go, sweetie." He said, giving her a wink. Harlow smirked at him. He then proceeded to place Ken on top of the net.

All the Ducks started skating forwards and they all met in the middle and started yelling at each other. Harlow stepped in when the goalie from the Ducks started yelling at Julie. "Hey, back off my sister." She growled, pushing him away. She went to punch him when she was pulled back into someone's chest. "No." Dean said. Harlow looked up at him. "But-" "No." Dean growled. "Fine." Harlow pouted.

Coach Bombay blew his whistle. "Everybody freeze!" He shouted out and everyone turned to him. "Now, we didn't come here to fight. We came here to play hockey. We're team USA. You represent your country." "That's right." Mr Tibbles interrupted. "Now, I want you-" "To be all that you can be, right? You gotta raise yourself up, guys. You got-" Mr Tibble interjected but was cut off by Bombay giving him a look.

The kids all laughed. "Alright, now, let's start with a scrimmage." "Great. Scrimmage." Mr Tibble said and blew his whistle. "You heard your coach. Now- Hey, you don't need me here. I've got an appointment anyway. I've got to see Ms McKay. She's the team tutor." Mr Tibbles explained. "Don? Come on." Coach Bombay said, holding out his hand for the whistle. "You'll get it back at the end of the school term." The team chuckled. "Alright, Ducks. Show em what you got. Let's scrimmage!" Coach Bombay blew his whistle.