i. we don't know them

All of the Mighty Ducks had been given scholarships to Eden Hall Academy, a boarding school in Minnesota after the Junior Goodwill Games. "Walk faster." Harlow Gaffney said to her twin sister, Julie. "Alright, I'm going. I'm going. I know you wanna see your boyfriends." Julie said, walking out into the airport. They saw the rest of the out of state Ducks waiting for them. Harlow didn't waste any time before running over to Dean. He stood up to meet her halfway. "Hey, baby." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Hey, babe." Harlow said, standing on her tippy toes to kiss him as her arms went around her neck.

Dean's hands slid under her jersey, smirking into the kiss when he realized she wasn't wearing a shirt under it. Someone cleared their throat and they pulled away to see Julie, Russ, Kenny, Dwayne, and Luis staring at them. "Y'all kissing like you haven't seen each other in years. It hasn't even been two months." Russ said. Harlow looked at her best friend and flipped him off. They had gotten close after the Goodwill Games and they talked on the phone at least twice a week. "Alright, the limo's outside." Luis said. Harlow grabbed her bags and they all walked outside.

                                                                                                     ***

The limo driver pulled up to Eden Hall and all of the Ducks thanked him before grabbing their bags from the back. They were given to attendants and brought to their new dorm rooms. Harlow was handed the key to her's and Julie's room, but Julie took it from her as they walked to the entrance of the building where the rest of the Ducks were. "Hello, losers. Your favorite person has arrived!" Harlow shouted out as they approached them.

Everyone laughed and rolled their eyes. Fulton broke away from the group and walked to meet his partners. He grabbed Harlow's waist and pulled her close to him, kissing her deeply. Her hands went to the back of his neck and she tugged on his hair. His tongue swiped across her bottom lip but she denied him entrance and pulled away. "That was hot." Dean said when Fulton looked over to him. Fulton rolled his eyes. "Yeah, good to see you too." He sad. "Alright, you three, get in here." Coach Bombay called out and they ran into the huddle around the podium as reporters and cameramen started arriving.

"Please welcome to the podium, the head coach and leader of the Mighty Ducks, Gordon Bombay." "Thank you. It's a great honor to be here today to introduce you to a truly great group of kids. Sure, they can be a little rambunctious. They're run me ragged and played more than their fair share of pranks. I still haven't forgotten about those eggs. But I hung in there, and they hung in there for me. We became the Quack Attack, the Flying V, and the Bash Brothers and Bash Babe. I've never had a better time. These kids are winners, each and every one of them. But more than that, these are good people. I hope that they enrich and enliven your school and your lives the way they have mine. Now I hand you over to the capable hands of my old biology teacher and the current headmaster of Eden Hall, Dean Buckley. Dean." Coach Bombay said and then stepped aside.

"Gordon Bombay has a lot to be proud of. We are happy to welcome the Ducks to our great educational institution. So, today it gives me great pleasure to award you these full athletic scholarships to the Eden Hall Academy, where we hope the Ducks will be happy Warriors and lead us on to glory and divisional championships." Everyone cheered as they accepted the scholarships and pictures were taken.

                                                                                                ***

Coach Bombay had left them. Which caused Dean to leave too. Harlow was pissed, and upset. But mostly pissed. He didn't even bother to stay for Harlow and Fulton. Julie and Harlow left their dorm room and went to meet up with Kenny, Luis, Dwayne, and Russ before the assembly started. "You know, I think this place is running very low on the brother's quotient." Russ said. "Yeah. Hey, I want to know who this new coach Orion is. My dad said that if we didn't like him, we could come right home." Julie said.

"I was half tempted to go home anyway." Harlow said. "But I couldn't leave Fulton." She continued. Julie turned to look at her twin. "You've gone soft." She teased. Harlow pushed Julie's shoulder. "Not another word." Everyone laughed. "My dad said I better stay in on scholarship or he'll whip my butt." Russ said. "You know, I heard in the dorm that the guy played for the Minnesota North Stars and got suspended for punching out his own coach." Luis told them. "You mean the Dallas Stars. I heard he punched out a fan." Dwayne added.

"I heard he was a Buddhist. You know, like Kung Fu or Richard Gere." Julie said. "Kung Fu wasn't a Buddhist. He was a Trappist Monk." Kenny said from next to Harlow. "Are you talking about the old Kung Fu or the Further Adventures of the New Kung Fu?" Russ asked. "Y'all watch too much TV." Dwayne said. "Shoot, that's the safest thing to do in my hood."

They walked into the auditorium and found some free seats. "Hey, you know what? You Ducks don't belong here at Eden Hall." Some dude said from behind them. "What?" Russ asked. "hey, easy, Russ. They probably just think we're someone else." Dwayne said. "He said Ducks, Dwayne. Do you see any other Ducks around? Cause I don't." Harlow said, turning to glare at the boy. "Um, I'm Dwayne. We're the new hockey team. And you are?" A blonde boy took his gum out of his mouth and placed it into Dwayne's hand.

"Varsity. The only hockey team. State champs. You know, my little brother lost his JV slot when they brought you yo yos in here." "Probably wasn't good enough." Julie said. "Definitely wasn't good enough." Harlow agreed with her twin. "See, that's my dad. He's gonna get the board to revoke your scholarships. Just you wait." The dude said, pointing at an old guy up on stage. "That's your daddy? Looks like he could be your grandpa." Harlow said. "Nice outfit. Did it come with a yacht?" Russ added.

"Welcome. Since it's inception in 1903, Eden Hall Academy has taken great pride in its illustrious tradition of excellence. Yet, as we approach the coming millennium, we dare not shrink from the specter of inevitable change." "What did he say?" Dwayne whispered to Russ. "Something about a shrinking sphincter." "Shrinking sphincter." Dwayne questioned. The Dean continued. "Thus, myself, the board, Tom Riley of the alumni association and Varsity coach Wilson, who has led us to ten consecutive state championships. We have all made a change for the future. So, today, after much debate on both sides, we proudly open our doors via full scholarships to a truly gifted group of student athletes. So, will you please join me, in giving a big, rousing Warrior welcome, to the gold medal winners of the Junior Goodwill Games-"

Dean Buckley was cut off by the curtain falling down revealing the rest of the team. "Hi. We're the Ducks." Charlie said. "Oh god." Julie whispered. "We don't know them. We've never seen these people in our lives." Harlow said.